Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: internet dating update.
Aboardman

posted on 8/8/07 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
internet dating update.

been on a week had 40 hits to my profile, some are very nice on the profiles.

nobody has winked at me yet

i have winked others but like i said nothing in return so i am little bit unsure if i should start trying to send messages or chat to them.

i am not very good at chatting to strange women and i was in my 30s when i got my first girlfriend.

but on a plus note i have finished my cycle challange (approx 440 mile over 7 weeks) at the gym and i came 6th only 13 people finished it out of about 20 who tried it.

[Edited on 9/8/07 by Aboardman]

scottc

posted on 8/8/07 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
Mate, Ignore the winks, send them a message that makes it sound like you're interested. Ask them questions, and make it sound like you actually want to know more.

The problem with winks is that it gives them the responsibility of making the first move.

At the end of the day, you're on the internet, You won't meet this people day-to-day, and if you do, they won't know you're the same person who spoke to them last night on the net. ;-)

Good luck.

neilj37

posted on 9/8/07 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
Met my current girlfriend on a dating site. Defo send a message rather than a wink and think about what you want to say before you send it. Atleast dating on line you have time to compose your messages rather than being put on the spot if you were in a pub.

I ended up going out with about 20 women in one month, some really mentally unstable ones but some real nice ones too.

Aboardman

posted on 9/8/07 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I ended up going out with about 20 women in one month, some really mentally unstable ones but some real nice ones too.

20 in a month i have only had 3 dates in 37 years,

1 turned into a girlfriend for about 3 months but she then stopped taking her medication because she really was mentally unstable (i was not made away of this when someone fixed me up with her) and was then in hospital for about 2 months.

neilj37

posted on 9/8/07 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
I had only been out with 3 girls before getting married. I was then married 13 years before geting divorced 4 years ago.
Joined the dating site and met loads of woman. I think age brings experience and knowledge which helps your outlook on life and there isn't so much pressure to meet someone.

I met a woman like that through the dating site. I didn't know she was on anti-depressents until I had been out with her a few times. She had been mistreated by previous guys she had been out with and I won't even go into what she wanted to do on the first date as this is an open forum All I can say is that she just assumed it was normal because of past experience.

[Edited on 9/8/07 by neilj37]

speedyxjs

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Just stick with it and hopefully you'll find someone. Iv been thinking about doing it for ages. Everyone i speak to asks me why i dont go clubbing like all the others my age and my reply is that not everyone likes listening to loud, crappy music while others around you are busy getting high.
Do keep us updated, im interested in how it works out for you.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

donut

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
It's probably because you have a Tiger, buy an MK and they will come flooding to you

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 9/8/07 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
try this site

www.plentyoffish.com/

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 9/8/07 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Udate did it for me- getting married next May to a lovely girl i met through there. Some of my other friends have tried it too with great success. Some folks laugh at internet dating and take the pee but it certainly works for some, particularly if you're not a 'chat-up-in-a-smokey-boozer' type of bloke/gal

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

Mark H

posted on 9/8/07 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
and I won't even go into what she wanted to do on the first date as this is an open forum

did you get her name/number??

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

Confused but excited.

posted on 9/8/07 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark H
quote:
and I won't even go into what she wanted to do on the first date as this is an open forum

did you get her name/number??

Hey, that's my line. Get your own script writer!
Is she 57 and living with her mother?

[Edited on 9/8/07 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Peteff

posted on 9/8/07 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote

I found this line hilarious, I don't know why
I can't help wondering what they thought of you

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 9/8/07 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
As I said in the previous post, you do need to take a scattergun approach and send out lots of messages to get a few replies, but send messages rather than wait for them to run to you because unless you look like Brad Pitt in your pic then the girlies are unlikely to make the first move, and those that do are generally ones you want to avoid!

What you need to remember is the ratios on the internet favour the girls (at least they did a few years ago), so most of the half decent looking / sounding girls will get quite a few messages therefore you need to try and stand out a bit. Keep it casual (just ask them if they fancy a natter sometime etc) and try and be topical if you can, maybe pick up on something theyve said in their profile even if its a jokey p1sstake of something theyve written, as it gives them a reason to get back to you to give you a virtual slap if nothing else!

[Edited on 9/8/07 by ChrisGamlin]

NS Dev

posted on 10/8/07 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
I went on a few "internet dates" but none of them were any good.

I also had a crack at speed dating and that was good fun I have to say!! Bit stressful beforehand but great fun once you are in chat mode (which I seem to do quite well once I actually get started!! )

I then met my current girlfriend (hopefully somewhat more permanent than that before too long) on a blind date set up by the secretary at the school where she teaches, who also happens to be my brother's girlfriend's mother, who's husband races the radical/caterham that I spanner for as well..........................

point is, you won't see it coming until it happens, then you'll wonder what the fuss was about!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

02GF74

posted on 14/8/07 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
It's probably because you have a Tiger, buy an MK and they will come flooding to you

right, so the real reason why you sold your Indy has come out at last...

Peteff

posted on 14/8/07 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Nat,

are you now going out with your brother's girlfriend's mother or did she set you up? I've tried reading it a few times and it just gets more confusing. I hope it's the latter or her husband is very understanding.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Catpuss

posted on 14/8/07 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
I then met my current girlfriend (hopefully somewhat more permanent than that before too long) on a blind date set up by the secretary at the school where she teaches, who also happens to be my brother's girlfriend's mother, who's husband races the radical/caterham that I spanner for as well..........................

Do either of you play the banjo?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.