Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 Race Spoiler.....Do not read
nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
F1 Race Spoiler.....Do not read

If you watched the race this morning, seeing how Maclaren can't have any constructors points, do you think that they bought Alonso in so that he deliberately came out into traffic to help Hamilton?
Also do you think that Ferrari deliberately bought Massa in towards the end of the race to give Kimi another position so that it didn't look like team rules?
I will be interested in hearing your views

[Edited on 30/9/2007 by nitram38]

bigrich

posted on 30/9/07 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
ooh conspirecy theory
maybe just maybe they needed fuel and tyres, it does happen
Still a great result
Rich

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

pif

posted on 30/9/07 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
massa comin in for an egg cup of fuel and tyres that couldnt be needed...........of course it was for kimis benefit............hence the banzai last couple of corners from massa dijon style...... in a i will get by or smash cos you pulled in way......what does he or ferrari care - rumour being that massa is leaving at season end....

driver of the day was kimi for me ...... brave brave brave at the back of hieki in all that spray....... a recovery from 21st to almost 2nd and all over the road in true schumi style..

as for cancelling the race ....... pah get a grip.. if the conditions dictate that they can only drive at 10 mph then so be it.. the man who is brave to go over the limit and drive at 11mph will win.... budgets of $500 m and they cant drive in the rain... the only grounds for cancelling would be a grid of 22 pansies who cant drive through puddles.....

race for the memory for years to come..
if only cos it will be the day lewis earned his championship
pif

been a bit of a rush job really, bodged it all together in just 5 1/2 years.

designer

posted on 30/9/07 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
You are correct. Of course it's manipulated!

Bernie is making sure that Lewis gets the title to increase viewers.

It's also funny how Coulthard is Scottish, Irving is Irish, but Lewis is BRITISH.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
Well the way I see it, Maclaren want Hamilton to win in his maiden year and can't win the constructors so Alonso has upset them and it's payback time.
With Ferrari, the have the constructors and would have liked the drivers championship too so again Massa's points were irrelevent overall and Kimi would need as many points as poss.
You can't "legally" have team orders so the pits was better than some obvious overtaking out on the circuit.

speedyxjs

posted on 30/9/07 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Alonso - No
Massa - Maybe
Great race. I was on the edge of my seat toward the end of the first safty car period, i was worried it might not work out for mclaren. I nearly cried when vettel took out himself and webber. Would have been a brilliant result but im not convinced they would have finished with a podium anyway, such was the speed of kovalinen and raikkonen.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Judging by Hamilton's comments regarding Webber ( he radioed to ask webber to stop out braking himself during the safety car and putting him at risk) it may not have entirely been vittel's fault.

Ferg

posted on 30/9/07 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think either were manipulation. Massa needed fuel because Ferrari either misjudged or were playing the odds on fueul consumption in those conditions. With cars going wide on corners due to understeer it would have been simple to get Kimi through and not lose Massa so many places.

Talking point of the day, for me, was the precedent set by the Kubica incident. I can't EVER remember a drive-through penalty for a misjudged overtaking attempt like that.........

Loved Webbers comment.... LOL!

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
It might earn webber a fine, but at least it will not be as high as Maclaren's

Metal Hippy

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
It might earn webber a fine, but at least it will not be as high as Maclaren's

I really hope not, even though I'm sure he's loaded.

It'll be nothing compared to what he'd say behind closed doors, it's only an issue because it was on TV - I think he was more than justified in his reaction.

Having said that he was lucky it wasn't him that shunted into the back of Hamilton..

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

brynhamlet

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
It's just nice to see the sprog win. Alonso after what he said in the pre-race interview and what he has done recently deserves everything he gets. I'm supprised he's still got a drive. In my business he'd have neen sacked by now
ChrisGamlin

posted on 30/9/07 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I dont think either situation was contrived. When Ferrari realised their cockup with the tyres, they fuelled both their cars during the first safety car hoping it would stay out a long time (or even the whole race) and they'd win by default after everyone else needed to pit and rejoin the back of the train. I think Kimi came in a second time for a top-up just before the safety car came in which gave him enough fuel to the finish, but I dont recall Massa doing the same (possibly due to his drive-throughs), and once the safety car came in he was always going to be short.

As for Mclaren pit stops, both drivers pitted within a lap of each other and Lewis only just came out in front, so no I dont think that was planned, they simply needed fuel and Alonso wasnt far enough ahead of the others to clear them.

[Edited on 30/9/07 by ChrisGamlin]

cerbera

posted on 30/9/07 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
I think both Mclaren drivers were on the same strategy but Hamilton could choose to come in first or second for refueling by virtue of his pole position. He alluded to the fact after qualifying.

Thought it was a great race though, some them guys must have ESP.

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
The race engineers know exactly when it is best to pit to come out into the right part of the traffic.
They have nothing to lose by treating Alonso how he treated hamilton during the last pits fiasco. Alonso's comments then was " I was told by my race engineer not to leave the pits because it would have taken me into traffic. I waited for the full 5 second countdown to finish"
Ron Dennis has also said that his relationship with Alonso is poor.
You don't sh*t in your own back yard without expecting some thrown back.
I think that costing Alonso the world title is a good revenge for Maclaren and Alonso knows it too.

BenB

posted on 30/9/07 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
My adrenal glands are squeezed dry- I couldn't watch the last 14 laps!!!!! Had the video on fastforward.....

I'm not a big fan of the conspiracy theories!! I reckon Massa was just a fuelling error, Alonso just got swallowed up in the traffic. Hamilton was 3 seconds in front before Alonso's stop and did an extra flying lap to get out in front of traffic....

Apparantly Webber chucked in his helmet on one of the early laps!!! Probably didn't help things....

jollygreengiant

posted on 30/9/07 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
What I liked most was that after Alonzo (sorry Galonso, sorry Arlonso, Sorry alonso) pitted, his second set of tyres were not as good as his first set. Hmmmmm I wonder if that was purely accidental. (NOT).

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

martyn_16v

posted on 30/9/07 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGamlin
When Ferrari realised their cockup with the tyres

Hands up anyone who believed 'they didn't know'? If they're going to cheat they should at least try doing it to their own advantage

omega 24 v6

posted on 30/9/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Massa needed fuel because Ferrari either misjudged

After watching the re run it looked to me as if it was fixed. I say this because it LOOKED to me like the fuel was on for less than 4 secs???? And as for the tyre fiasco well rules is rules as they say and perhaps under differrent circumstances a different teams may have had they're 3rd place disqualified.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

ravingfool

posted on 30/9/07 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
but those rigs pump something like 12 litres a second which means even 4 seconds could be enough for another 60 km.

darrens

posted on 30/9/07 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
isn't it a real shame Alonso coming back in into all that traffic, then gettin shunted, and then spectacularly hitting the wall..... bad luck eh!!

[Edited on 30/9/07 by darrens]

the_fbi

posted on 30/9/07 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't wind it back to see again, but I'm sure with Massa's last "fuel stop", they didn't actually put the nozzle on.

Looked to me like there were extra mechanics standing around so you coulnd't actually see the nozzle going on (or not I think), and when it was "taken off", it all seemed to pull up way more smoothly than it does normally, as it hadn't been on in the first place.

Just mho.

omega 24 v6

posted on 30/9/07 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^^^^^ what he said I'd tend to agree with when I said 4 secs it was cause I was sure they not put fuel in for the last stop and had only went through the motions.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

BenB

posted on 30/9/07 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hamilton says it is strange that Alonso struggled with his second set of tyres because they looked fine to him when he was polishing them that morning

Joke....

brynhamlet

posted on 30/9/07 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one

I would too

jacko

posted on 30/9/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
BEST Man won
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.