Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BTCC
billynomates

posted on 14/10/07 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
BTCC

So glad Plato didn't win the BTCC.

Sorry to hear about the blokes injuiries, but he spends too much time criticising other drivers for my liking.

nitram38

posted on 14/10/07 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Not very fair when you have an extra driver suddenly appear in the vauxhall team, plus Matt neal letting the vauxhalls through (as he is rumoured to be going to vauxhall) but blocking plato.
If I was Plato, Matt neal would be getting a fat lip from my good hand.

MkIndy7

posted on 14/10/07 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
As said well done to Plato after such a bad start to the week!.

But what he got with Matt was his just deserts!
Plato has always been a dirty driver shunting people off, its just a shame the Civic wasn't as Tank like as the Integra was.

I'd like to see him try and give all 6ft 6+ a fat lip lol that would be funny, I hope he doesn't go to Vauxhall next year he' much better off staying more independant (his spell as a works peugeot driver was dire)

billynomates

posted on 14/10/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Not very fair when you have an extra driver suddenly appear in the vauxhall team, plus Matt neal letting the vauxhalls through (as he is rumoured to be going to vauxhall) but blocking plato.

Well maybe if Jason Plato hadn't spent all year moaning about what a cack driver Matt Neal is, maybe he might have received fairer treatment. And if Neal is going to Vauxhall, then you can't blame him for helping them to the championship.

If you've just watched the post race interviews you'll see that my first posts comments were proven right by the big whinging girls blouse.

Stoo

posted on 14/10/07 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Some very exciting racing I thought!

Shame F1 isn't half as exciting!

Stoo

DIY Si

posted on 14/10/07 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billynomates
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38

Well maybe if Jason Plato hadn't spent all year moaning about what a cack driver Matt Neal is, maybe he might have received fairer treatment. And if Neal is going to Vauxhall, then you can't blame him for helping them to the championship.

If you've just watched the post race interviews you'll see that my first posts comments were proven right by the big whinging girls blouse.

Right, so if you where him (Plato), and in the final race of the season, with a one point lead, and the bloke in front has just let TWO cars from a different team past, one of whom is your main opponent, would you be pissed off at him or not?! It shouldn't matter what team he's off to, he's not there yet. I'd would've shoved him off, and not been so nice about it!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Metal Hippy

posted on 14/10/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Who gives a rats a**...

Plato is a to**er.

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

billynomates

posted on 14/10/07 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Right, so if you where him (Plato), and in the final race of the season, with a one point lead, and the bloke in front has just let TWO cars from a different team past, one of whom is your main opponent, would you be pissed off at him or not?! It shouldn't matter what team he's off to, he's not there yet. I'd would've shoved him off, and not been so nice about it!

Matt Neals driving wasn't very sporting was it, but I don't care. Every time you see Plato being interviewed he's complaining about someone else.
He couldn't even lose the championship with dignity today, having a moan about Matt Neal and how nothing ever gets done about him. The fact was that he didn't finish in front of Giovienetta, and he lost the championship as a result.

mookaloid

posted on 14/10/07 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Well i for one think that it's a shame he wasn't able to win - I would always prefer one of our own over an italian.

I have a sense of national pride and am proud to be English

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Fatgadget

posted on 14/10/07 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Metal Hippy
Who gives a rats a**...

Plato is a to**er.

I reluctantly am in agreement with you!

Come back John Cleeland and that other guy who drove a Rover whose name escapes me ! Now, those where the bad boys!

[Edited on 14/10/07 by Fatgadget]

BenB

posted on 14/10/07 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
As much as I dislike Plato I thought he was a nutter to race- which got some kudos from me

Overall though, I was cheering for Giovanardi....

As for Mr Neal, it was a bit as if he wanted to be in the limelight still- as if he wanted to decide the race result even if he couldn't win.... A bit negative....

But then despite initially liking Neal, the whole Plato vs Neal spat bores me silly and I've decided they're both to$$ers....

greggors84

posted on 14/10/07 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Having met Plato through work I can say he is a very nice guy and nothing like his comes across as on the race track. He made sure at the end of the day he went round and thanked everyone involved and was really down to earth. Ok he whinges a bit but only seems to be about Neal, who he seems to truly dislike. He wont moan about Giovanardi when he has battles with him.

When on track most racing drivers are arrogant, they have to be to a point. Lewis Hamilton used to work at our place so our Chief Instructor knows him well and he said he is the same on the track but he can obviously contain all his fustration infront of the camera.

I was cheering for the Brit over the Iti all the way! Shame the didnt run the last couple of laps, JP could have made that last push.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

stuart_g

posted on 14/10/07 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
If you listened to the interview on Setanta properly you would notice that Plato only commented on the six foot plus tosser after he was asked about the situation, if he hadn't have been asked he would not have even mentioned him.
Matt Neal could not stand the fact that he could not win it this year and Plato could, instead he had to be a crawly bum lick to his prospective employer for next year instead of driving for his daddy.
If you look back at every tussle that Neal and Plato have had Neal is always the one to go crying to the organisers with his teddy under his arm, he needs to learn to take what he gives.
I also think that given what has happened to Plato in the last week he earns every bit of respect from me just for even trying, if it hadn't been for the fact that he could have won it I doubt he would have even showed up.

[Edited on 14/10/07 by stuart_g]

billynomates

posted on 14/10/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
If you listened to the interview on Setanta properly you would notice that Plato only commented on the six foot plus tosser after he was asked about the situation, if he hadn't have been asked he would not have even mentioned him.
Matt Neal could not stand the fact that he could not win it this year and Plato could, instead he had to be a crawly bum lick to his prospective employer for next year instead of driving for his daddy.
If you look back at every tussle that Neal and Plato have had Neal is always the one to go crying to the organisers with his teddy under his arm, he needs to learn to take what he gives.
I also think that given what has happened to Plato in the last week he earns every bit of respect from me just for even trying, if it hadn't been for the fact that he could have won it I doubt he would have even showed up.

[Edited on 14/10/07 by stuart_g]

So he got a few burns, do you really think that he was in that much pain during the races?.
As for his comments on Matt Neal, well he didn't have to answer the question did he.

Actually I think Matt Neal is a puff as well. Giovenetian is probably the most decent bloke out there (in a decent motor), so even though he's an Italian, fair play to the guy.

quadra

posted on 14/10/07 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
under normal circumstances I would support the british bloke, but in my opinion Jason Plato is talentless. He is always involved in shoving other cars off the track and he even tried it with Giovinardi (sp?) today. How many times do you see Andy PRIAULX ramming other cars off in the WTCC?

Jason may be a good bloke off the track, but he is not a top level racing driver.

Mike

You don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.