Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Koso Fuel Gauge
twybrow

posted on 16/10/07 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Koso Fuel Gauge

I annoyed people - I am having to ask for electrical help for tghe first time (I think). I spent all last night wiring in the fuel gauge/sender (amongst other things). Now I assumed the following was how to wire it (Honda Blackbird) to the gauges:

Switched +ve goes to fuel sender +ve,
Fuel sender -ve goes to green wire (-ve) Koso gauges

I then set the resistance (tried 510 and 100 ohm) but alas I get nothing on the screen. Can anyone explain how the hell these things get wired in? I hope this makes sense!

PhilCross66

posted on 16/10/07 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
I just connected the koso fuel gauge wire, green I think, to the centre post of my sender then made sure my tank was earthed.
It reads something, not sure how accurate it is yet since Im not on the road so haven't filled it up yet.

twybrow

posted on 17/10/07 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
So the KOSO is providing the +ve supply, that runs through the sender to earth? Ok, some rewiring tonight then...

VinceGledhill

posted on 17/10/07 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel guages are usually wired like this.

Ignition Positive ---- Fuel Guage ---- Sender ---- Earth.

If you wire it up as above, then take the wire off the sender and put it to earth at your tank, with the ignition on. The guage should read full. Take it off again and it should read empty.

Also it's a good idea to make sure that the float goes through the full range within the tank. You can check this by removing it and moving the float outside the tank. Holding it in the various positions, IE half way, quarter way etc. Don't forget to ensure you have an earth on the cover.

HTH

Regards
Vince Gledhill
Time Served Auto Electrician
Lucas Leeds 1979-1983

dave r

posted on 17/10/07 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
So the KOSO is providing the +ve supply, that runs through the sender to earth? Ok, some rewiring tonight then...

thats how my koso is wired, and that works

Jimbob

posted on 17/10/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
if your using robinhood/lolocost sender which is sierra (i think,thats what im using) then on 100 ohm you can put about £10 in and read nothing where 510 ohm reads half full when empty(mk tank) so need to rectify this with a variable resistor(another winter project!)
Not sure about 2B tank but this is my only prob so far FWIW

James

[Edited on 17/10/07 by Jimbob]

twybrow

posted on 18/10/07 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Well it finally reads something. I think I will need to re-bend the float as it currently reads 6/10 when there is little more than 3 litres in the tank. B ut at least it now reads something! Thanks for the help chaps. Much appreciated.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.