Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Manchester DVLA?
adithorp

posted on 8/4/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Manchester DVLA?

Has anybody got contact details (direct No) for anybody at Manchester DVLA office. Preferably someone you've dealt with and was helpfull (stupid idea I know?).

adrian

adithorp

posted on 9/4/08 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
So does this mean that nobody has used Manchester DVLA or that they're all useless there?

adrian

Bob C

posted on 9/4/08 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
I used Manchester. I reckon they were OK overall; the usual lost my stuff then found it several months later, changed their minds about key points a few times, but on the pro side, they inspected my car at home & sorted out the V5 & registration while I waited. Insisted on using their VIN.
I think the woman who dealt with home-builds was Jan somebody (probably memory failure there)
good luck
Bob

Stu16v

posted on 9/4/08 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
So does this mean that nobody has used Manchester DVLA or that they're all useless there?

adrian

Local office 'direct' numbers dont exist anymore

Dont just build it.....make it!

Flat Pack

posted on 10/4/08 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
I used Manchester in May last year... Had completely the opposite experience to Bob though, they were efficient and helpful. I could use my own VIN, but had to take the car to them (or Chadderton VOSA testing station on certain days) to be inspected!

Lady I dealt with was called Jean, I wrote to the office asking if I could use my own VIN, how they wanted to do the inspection etc. She replied and the reply included her direct dial number (which do still exist, but aren't published... so I wouldn't give it out here even if I still had it) which made life a lot easier.

They were happy to inspect the car prior to SVA and even took all the paperwork and got everything ready for me so I just had to drop in the MAC certificate and pick up tax... I couldn't get to the DVLA until late in the afternoon though and everyone that could help me had already gone home. Left MAC certificate and got tax in the post a few days later though.

All in all far less painful that I expected it to be, given some of the horror stories on here!

[Edited on 10/4/08 by Flat Pack]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.