Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Harness help
Blue Fox

posted on 28/7/08 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Harness help

Are these budget harness from rallydesign SVA ok?

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=66_68&products_id=289

Also how has everyone fitted the mount for the top fitting? I was thinking I could weld another peice of box paralel to the current rear bar betwwen the suspension plates and plate that. Would that be ok for SVA and practical or does anyone else have a better idea?

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/7/08 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Harnesses are fine as is your proposed mounting method but you may find that the mounting point is too low for the SVA requirements, if ok then use 3mm plate and weld a captive nut to the underside of the plate (use the correct thread)

[Edited on 28/7/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Blue Fox

posted on 28/7/08 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hello,

Yeah I though about it possibly being too low and thought if I welded the additional bar and plate on and it turned out to be too low then I could weld a vertical plate on the front bar and gusset plate from the new vertical plate which the harness will be bolted to down to the new bar and plate to give it the strength. Would this be ok.

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/7/08 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Have you thought about a roll bar? Most folk fit them as they make a lot of sense. You can then run a tube across and use that to mount the harness. I think you'd be best just having a look through peoples photo archive and seeing what others have done. Check the SVA height requirements first before doing anything, best to do it right the first time.

here is the SVA requirement -

annex4
annex4

[Edited on 28/7/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.