Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best Seat Belts (harness) for middy?
sgraber

posted on 7/1/04 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Best Seat Belts (harness) for middy?

I received some spending cash over the holidays and I thought that since I am driving the car around, some seatbelts (or harnesses) would be nice. Problem is, there are so many choices, I am kind of stuck in a decision loop...

Here is a photo of the car and the seats I am using. The drivers seat (left) is adjustable on sliders. The pass seat is fixed in position.

View of engine towards cockpit
View of engine towards cockpit

The car is mainly for street use with occasional track flogging. Probably will get heavily into autocross at some future date.

Sparco sells a very simple 2" wide 4 point harness with an automotive style buckle. Then I also see the 5-point harness with the 3" straps and the CamLock buckle. That seems like the safest unit.

The final question I have is regarding the mounting style of the belts. I have seen at least 4 different types of latches, loops, y's, etc... Any specific suggestions as to what style of strap and type of belt mounting is best for my application?

TIA for the suggestions

Graber

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 9/1/04 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Someone the other day told me that the clip on style belts were good as you could easily remove them in bad weather when storing the car.

Bearing in mind your location then you may not need these!

James

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.