Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Trike fans project :0
ReMan

posted on 14/7/10 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Trike fans project :0

Any takers
no?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reliant-850-Trike-/180529297215?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a0862773f

designer

posted on 14/7/10 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
That gives any form of Trike a bad name!!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MakeEverything

posted on 14/7/10 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Im sure ive seen that before.

Wasnt it at stoneleigh one year?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/7/10 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
tbh I think it really needs the car body put back on

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 15/7/10 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
IMO the IVA should be ammended so that anything that looks like crap should not be allowed on the roads.

That would stop this sort of nonsense.

scootz

posted on 15/7/10 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
What are you guys on about... 'tis a thing of beauty!

It's Evolution Baby!

IanBrace
Builder

Posts 159
Registered 21/5/09
Location Lincoln

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Re-built 1986 O and C Sport and sold it! Now a K s

posted on 15/7/10 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Stylish AND reliable!

www.aerialphotography.org.uk

tony-devon

posted on 15/7/10 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
I build trikes but having seen some of the abortions that are out there Im considering not building anymore as I dont want to be associated with FUGLY heaps of shyte like this

sadly you will see more and more on places like ebay

that piece of crap is probably illegal and he has either taken it for MOT and been refused, or its a friendly tester that has done it this one last time but told him to get rid

VOSA are clamping down on crap like that, and it wouldnt make it through MSVA without some work, personally I think the best mod would be a petrol soaked rag and a swan vesta

there are trikes that I know of rolling around on the road with rover V8s, not one single piece of reliant in the entire build, but registered as reliant super vans etc

the custom bike scene is also taking hits over this, the new computerised MOT has taken care of this, could be one hell of a fall out if they ever really get it sorted, modified frames, welded on hardtails, altered engine cradles and in most cases, completely new frames

its been standard procedure for years, in some cases like a lot of my bikes they were built and modified over the years, suddenly one day you look at it and realise theres naff all left of the original bike oops

just had a quick check of the reg number and in that ones defence it isnt registered as a reliant anymore, possible that it was actually changed with the DVLA so thats the only good thing going for it

[Edited on 15/7/10 by tony-devon]

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

A1

posted on 15/7/10 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
does that mean youre not meant to have hardtails on bikes? or just welded on ones?
tony-devon

posted on 15/7/10 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
nah hardtails are fine, it is specifically mentioned in the MOT book etc

but the problem is that for bike engined trikes and for bikes, any mods of that kind that are welded to the frame will require an MSVA, especially as in 99.9% of cases the front loop will be altered in some way or other to increase the rake etc, normal home builders route is to cut and extend the downtubes to keep the bottom rails running parrallel, but lift the neck and rake it back at the same time.

its possible to register a bike engined trike without the MSVA, just a DVLA inspection, so long as the back end is a fully bolt on affair and no alterations have been made to the main frame/engine cradle

disabled are also MSVA exempt

smart51

posted on 15/7/10 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tony-devon
its possible to register a bike engined trike without the MSVA, just a DVLA inspection, so long as the back end is a fully bolt on affair and no alterations have been made to the main frame/engine cradle

Let me just ask you to say this again. You don't need an MSVA so long as the back end is a fully bolt on affair and no alterations have been made?

My trike project uses a scooter as a donor. The back end comprises the engine, transmission, rear wheel and brake all in one self contained swing arm that is held on by 1 big bolt at the front plus a small bolt for each damper at the rear. I have not modified this. Am I exempt from MSVA?

A1

posted on 15/7/10 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
going on that, yea, youre fine
iank

posted on 15/7/10 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:
Originally posted by tony-devon

Let me just ask you to say this again. You don't need an MSVA so long as the back end is a fully bolt on affair and no alterations have been made?

My trike project uses a scooter as a donor. The back end comprises the engine, transmission, rear wheel and brake all in one self contained swing arm that is held on by 1 big bolt at the front plus a small bolt for each damper at the rear. I have not modified this. Am I exempt from MSVA?

Where is the moped's chassis number?

If on the swing arm with the engine then MSVA may not be required.

If it's stamped on the front of the bike with the seat and handlebars then that counts as the chassis.

I think tony-devon is talking about trikes that have two wheels at the back and retain the bike chassis for the front end.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

smart51

posted on 15/7/10 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't believe it even thought I wrote it, though I did hope (a bit!).

tony-devon

posted on 15/7/10 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
sorry but yes my comment was regarding motorcyle based trikes, ie 1 wheel up front with sit astride seat.

the main part of the vehicle being the already registered bike, with just a bolt on accessory that changes the wheelplan

your would need MSVA in my opinion, but MSVA is very simple and not to be worried about

bmseven

posted on 15/7/10 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
How about Das PanzerBike fot Fugly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvDrQVkZBTA

http://www.harzer-bike-schmiede.de/panzerbike.html

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.