Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sportcycle
joolsmi16

posted on 7/11/05 at 12:33 AM Reply With Quote
Sportcycle

Hi all, would anyone like guess why the interesting www.sportcycle.co.uk has gone under?

Although not the best looking having it hooked up with an R1, busa ect must have been huge fun.

Having just read that the Malone skunk has just got a US agent has the 3 wheeler had it day in the UK?

Looking at that mad chap Micke with his T42 www.mride.se surely something along that line would sell in the UK two seats and big power (although perhaps not 280bhp).

Cheers Rescued attachment sportcycle.jpg
Rescued attachment sportcycle.jpg

Hellfire

posted on 7/11/05 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I think it's gone under cos it's f-ugly!!!

IMHO!

ayoungman

posted on 7/11/05 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
If I can put my design hat on for a minute.
Yep, its definately ****ing ugly.

Oh, this is my fourhundredth post

"just like that !"

emsfactory

posted on 7/11/05 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
i cant say for certain but i'm fairly sure i've coughed up sexier stuff than that.
jambojeef

posted on 7/11/05 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think its totally ingenious!

Just take a formula ford thats had light frontal damage and ride a sportsbike at the back of it as fast as you can - et voila!

The beautiful synthesis of form and function....

goin2fast52

posted on 8/11/05 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
I knew the son of the guy who designed that and he said there was interest but the kit was too expensive for what it was. Very easy to assemble, though, this guy and his dad who designed it put the trike together in a few weekends and had it out terrorizing the neighborhood while they tuned the suspension, brakes, etc. I think I have a picture around here somewhere of little me trying to see out of the cockpit It was very low and awesome, and in much less garish colors than that. Actually, its the white one on the American website. www.indycycleonline.com
Rorty

posted on 8/11/05 at 03:35 AM Reply With Quote
Three wheelers can attract huge interest and if done nicely, draw varied comments from dyed-in-the-wool petrolheads such as "cute", "awesome" and "Wow!".
However, that Sportcycle is an abhoration; it's not the head-turning formula car you might think, when viewed from the front. Just one look at the single rear wheel would be enough to set most red-blooded males into fits of laughter.
I'm sure itis mechanically sound and well designed, but I would surmise its downfall is entirely down to its image.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 10/11/05 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
I like most 3 wheelers especially the Avion but that sportcycle thing is as a scotsman would say......"Pish"

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
79 civic

posted on 10/11/05 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
put two bikes in the rear and then we're talking...
russbost

posted on 21/12/05 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
What you mean like this - www.furorecars.co.uk
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.