Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Identify sports racer car body?
Fred W B

posted on 9/6/11 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Identify sports racer car body?

Anybody got any idea what car this may have been originally, or what car the body shell may have come from?. Maybe a Lola? Chevron? March?

As far back as I know the history, it used to have a Ford Kent engine with a VW Beetle gearbox before these were replaced with a BDA and a Hewland.

The look of the rear body section and the original humble drivetrain makes me think it may be a South African built special, but possibly the front section and doors may had been cribbed from a recognized car?

The "period" photos are from a later time than that in which the car would have been built originally.

Cheers

Fred

[Edited on 9/6/11 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

scudderfish

posted on 9/6/11 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Googling the names on the car comes up with this. Not the details you want, but my help you further

http://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/results/Allan-Moss-ZA.html

Fred W B

posted on 9/6/11 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the effort Scud. I know Allan, who still owns the car today, but it now has a Tiga body he fitted. Which is why it is described as a "Tiga" in that 1987 race entry. We are tying to establish what it was originally.

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

designer

posted on 9/6/11 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Don't recognise it as anything from the UK because of the rear quarters, has it not got a chassis plate?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jimmyjoebob

posted on 9/6/11 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Could it be a Landar R7? Looks similar and one is mentioned to have had a Tiga body fitted also landar r7 with tiga body

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

jeffw

posted on 9/6/11 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
It looks early 70s Sports 2000

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.