Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pastor Maldonardo
david_hornet27

posted on 27/8/11 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Can someone explain to me why there is so much anti-Hamilton feeling on here? I much prefer Jensen but have nothing against Lewis and you cannot deny (some silly mistakes aside) he is a talented young driver.
Johneturbo

posted on 27/8/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by david_hornet27
Can someone explain to me why there is so much anti-Hamilton feeling on here? I much prefer Jensen but have nothing against Lewis and you cannot deny (some silly mistakes aside) he is a talented young driver.

I'm a Lewis fan. i've never known another british driver have so much negative support.. i wonder what's so different about Lewis Hmmmm

Wheels244

posted on 27/8/11 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I don't get it either - it was him that rekindled my interest in F1.
An awesome, natural talent.

britishtrident

posted on 27/8/11 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johneturbo
quote:

I'm a Lewis fan. i've never known another british driver have so much negative support.. i wonder what's so different about Lewis Hmmmm

What about Damon Hill --- he never got much support and was shamefully treated by his team.

Up here in Glasgow in the local parlance the mega talented but incident prone Lewis would be told to "Screw the heed" for those from more lingually deprived parts of the English speaking world and don't Parliamo Glasgow this translates as "I say, calm down old chap and keep your head".

James

posted on 27/8/11 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johneturbo
quote:

Massive Mclaren and Lewis fan myself and I've never understood it either but I do have a suspicion it may, in part, be for the reasons at which you hint.

People treat Senna like he was some sort of God but I think it's fair to say he made some pretty controversial decisions on track during his career!

Maybe we'll get to see Lewis use his Karate black belt to settle it with Maldonado!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

karlak

posted on 28/8/11 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
If it is true that he has only been penalised 5 places or so - then what precident has that set?

Last race of the season and the two front runners in the championship are 5 points apart. How about the second placed drivers team mate taking a side-swipe at the leader ? Wreck his car put him out of final qulaifying -- is that OK ?

In my opinion Maldonardo should be banned for the rest of this season and personally be made to pay for any damage to the Mclaren. If he has an issue with Hamilton and the last chicane incident, then that is for the Stewards to sort out. Would have also helped if he was not parked in the middle of the chicane, neither on or offline !!

You can't allow this to happen, it is not a race incident and was completely intentional. I dont care who hit who or who was to blame, no favouritsim. But, you cannot allow them to start "ramming" each other.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

scootz

posted on 28/8/11 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
I was really looking forward to LH coming into F1. But soon after arriving he became too much of a Billy-Big-Balls character and he's only got worse. His "is it because I'm black" comment was the final straw for me. I can still appreciate his skills, but I've little time for the man (sorry... boy!). He has a long way to go to repair the damage he's caused in the last few seasons. I hope he pulls it of and becomes a great, but until then, he'll not get much support from me. It's Button and Di Resta that I'm rooting for!

And lets be honest... DC hardly got any support south of the border. He was constantly denigrated despite being one of the top 4 drivers on the planet for 6 years or so.

It's Evolution Baby!

designer

posted on 28/8/11 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

People treat Senna like he was some sort of God but I think it's fair to say he made some pretty controversial decisions on track during his career!

Yes, Senna is revered, but he had it all. He raced, he was mischeivous, he was curteous all the time, gave time, and millions, to charity, had a magnetic personality, and was the GOAT of modern times, never to be seen again.

Nobody today and I'm afraid to say, never again, wil his sort be seen. The PR/marketing crowd will not let it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 28/8/11 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

Yes, Senna is revered, but he had it all. He raced, he was mischeivous, he was curteous all the time, gave time, and millions, to charity, had a magnetic personality, and was the GOAT of modern times, never to be seen again.

Nobody today and I'm afraid to say, never again, wil his sort be seen. The PR/marketing crowd will not let it!

Yup!

It's Evolution Baby!

locogeoff

posted on 28/8/11 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with the stewards decision.

I also think this is an early example of new drivers not taking any sh1t from Hamilton, he's very quickly gained a Senna/Schumacer reputation of give way or have an accdent, and I think more and more people with the belief of incredible car safety are going to choose the accident option.

locogeoff

posted on 28/8/11 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locogeoff

I also think this is an early example of new drivers not taking any sh1t from Hamilton, he's very quickly gained a Senna/Schumacer reputation of give way or have an accdent, and I think more and more people with the belief of incredible car safety are going to choose the accident option.

Watching the race, I rest my case ;-)

scootz

posted on 28/8/11 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Also agreed!

It's Evolution Baby!

loggyboy

posted on 28/8/11 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Watching the race, I rest my case ;-)

Really - stewards saw it as a racing accident, which I largely agree. Allthough im no HUGE LH fan, im a fan none the less but the accident with Kobiashiwas nothing to do with him going for a half move or a 'get out my way or crash' maneuver, it was more Kobi than his fault IMO.

scootz

posted on 28/8/11 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'd agree with the majority... LH should have been looking in his mirrors!

It's Evolution Baby!

britishtrident

posted on 28/8/11 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

From day one thought Senna was a a conniving little s***, amazing that Bruno Senna is such a nice guy.

Kwik

posted on 28/8/11 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
if he looked in his mirrors when the incident happend then he would have had to been looking in his mirrors mid way through the corner. they crashed just as LH started to turn his wheel, so if he was looking in his mirrors he wouldnt be able to see where to go...

though i would agree if the incident happend 50 yards back

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 28/8/11 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
I don't see it that way... KK was slipstreaming LH for a good distance and LH should have seen it coming!

KK was almost level with LH BEFORE the entry to the corner. Are you telling me that LH wasn't able to see the slipstreaming and the move to his nearside?

Clip Linky

It's Evolution Baby!

spiderman

posted on 28/8/11 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yet another driver smashes into Lewis Hamilton.
What is the Common denominator?

Spider

norfolkluego

posted on 28/8/11 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
quote:

Yup!

You forgot 'was quite happy to be willfully dangerous and DELIBERATELY cause a crash'.

Awesome talent but no saint, not by a million miles.

locogeoff

posted on 28/8/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Really - stewards saw it as a racing accident, which I largely agree. Allthough im no HUGE LH fan, im a fan none the less but the accident with Kobiashiwas nothing to do with him going for a half move or a 'get out my way or crash' maneuver, it was more Kobi than his fault IMO.

Remember the stewards look at a single incident whereas we are discussing a more widespread driver behavior. As for the incident itself, Niki Lauda made some interesting comments on it, basically saying it was an unnecessary manouvre, he had the corner won, there was no need to go left before the turn in. I think ths was another example of Hamilton being a bit too forceful especially who he did it to, they don't call him Kobycrashi for nothing

If we give Lewis the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't know Kobyashi (sp?) was there then I agree it was a racing incident. If it was a deliberate chop then KK had three options brake, take to the grass, or have the inevitable accident and LH will maybe get the message that overly aggressive driving does not always pay dividends.

We only need to contrast this with Webber's pass on Alonso at Eau Rouge to see the perfect level of aggressive behavior where both drivers complemented each others actions after the fact. Can you imagine the same outcome had LH been either competitor.

Regardless of LH's behavior prior to the OP incident Maldonardo was bang out of order, but that's how you fight bullies.

scootz

posted on 28/8/11 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
If we give Lewis the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't know Kobyashi (sp?) was there then I agree it was a racing incident...

I'd go a stage further and say that if LH didn't know KK was there, then he has no place on the F1 circuit!

It's Evolution Baby!

norfolkluego

posted on 28/8/11 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
If we give Lewis the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't know Kobyashi (sp?) was there then I agree it was a racing incident...

I'd go a stage further and say that if LH didn't know KK was there, then he has no place on the F1 circuit!

That's over the top.
Hamilton has come out () and said he thought he's left him enough room but obviously hadn't and accepted the blame, these guys deal in millimetres at high speed with very little lateral or backwards vision.

They all get it wrong sometimes.

plentywahalla

posted on 28/8/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
There does seem to be a strong anti Hamilton theme on here. I would make a few observations:

1) Hamilton did not make a definate move to the left. He was maintaining a straight line to the best turning point for the corner.

2) There is no possible advantage for Kobiyashi to have an outside overlap before the corner.

3) It is far easier for the following car to judge whether there is an overlap.

4) There is a general rule that it is the overtaking car that has the primary responsibility to avoid contact unless under a yellow flag.

I may be a bit rusty on the rules as it is about 30 years since I took to the track, but I think it was very generous of Hamilton to accept some responsibility for the incident. It shows that he is maturing as a driver.

Wheels244

posted on 28/8/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
There does seem to be a strong anti Hamilton theme on here. I would make a few observations:

1) Hamilton did not make a definate move to the left. He was maintaining a straight line to the best turning point for the corner.

2) There is no possible advantage for Kobiyashi to have an outside overlap before the corner.

3) It is far easier for the following car to judge whether there is an overlap.

4) There is a general rule that it is the overtaking car that has the primary responsibility to avoid contact unless under a yellow flag.

I may be a bit rusty on the rules as it is about 30 years since I took to the track, but I think it was very generous of Hamilton to accept some responsibility for the incident. It shows that he is maturing as a driver.

Here, Here - well said sir.

How the Lewis bashers can blame him for that one is beyond me.

Gordy

posted on 28/8/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I admit i'm not a Lewis fan, i dont doubt his talent but he's known to act like a spoilt brat when things go against him and down his own team very quickly when mistakes are made, the team that bankrolled his whole career since he was a young boy, and the team he would drop in a heart beat if Red Bull had come calling, but not because hes black as a couple of guys are hinting at on here
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.