Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Rear wish bone
bill132hotrod

posted on 7/12/13 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Rear wish bone

Hi guys

Can anyone shed some light for me???????????
I am trying to find out the pattern and measurements of the rear upper and lower wish bones for the Luego velocity.
Are they the same as the early Haynes locost, or the later Chris gibbs version.
Has anyone got a copy of the diagram layout with dimensions that they could either Email or Pm me.
Reason being is that I feel that after some measuring and geometry checks I think I have a incorrect wish bone causing my n/s/r wheel to run a large toe in.???????????? Or it could even be my rear upright that has be made wrong, I do not know.
Any help would be great
Cheers chaps.

[Edited on 7/12/13 by bill132hotrod]

PERSEVERANCE is the word of the week. Stick with it the results are SWEET.

rusty nuts

posted on 7/12/13 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with the dimensions Bill but if it isn't toeing in by too much it's possible to use shimstock (available in various thickness) between the upright and the bearing housing . Mine has a small amount of toe out on the nearside rear , when I get around to it I'm going to sort it out. It may be possible to make up some adjustable wishbones but Procomp suggested using shims. The only problem is likely to be it's a case of putting the shim in place then rechecking after every adjustment but that would only need a couple of straight edges and a tape measure
Check to see if your uprights are just flat plates or if they have the reinforcement around the outer edges of the uprights, mine both bent badly causing problems. Put mine in a press to straighten and the welded some reinforcing bands on, been fine for 4 years now. IIRC I posted some photos some time ago. Later Luegos have the reinforcement as standard. HTH, Mel

bill132hotrod

posted on 7/12/13 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mel
This has been a on going problem, In the beginning I had almost 13mm toe in on the n/s/r, I had to re drill the bottom bolt holes.
This corrected it to within 2 deg but I am on a mission now to sort it out correctly, as I have just changed my diff and thought it was a good time to do it.
I am also going to sort the other geometry problems that I have lived with since the build.
You know how it is with these cars you are forever changing things to improve where you can.
Regards Bill.

rusty nuts

posted on 7/12/13 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think Luego rear suspension is the same as the Haynes roadster unless Chris copied Luego which may have been copied from elsewhere and the original locost used a live axle. 13MM Toe in is a hell of a lot, which way round are the wishbone fitted. IIRC My rear toe out on the NS is 1.7mm and the OS is 0.5mm
bill132hotrod

posted on 7/12/13 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Mel
my rear suspension is different to yours I have the IRS rear end.
Ebay Item number 321262411214 is very close to what mine look like.
link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/haynes-roadster-rear-wishbone-upright-arms-7-kitcar-locost-build-your-own-/321262411214?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM &hash=item4accbb5dce

rusty nuts

posted on 7/12/13 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
The Velocity( normal track ) uses the same chassis as my IRS Locost IIRC . The Velocity XT may be different although I thought the extra track was in the wishbones

Will try to take some photo's but it may take a day or so

[Edited on 7/12/13 by rusty nuts]

kenton

posted on 7/12/13 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Bill,
Here are some as part of an unfinished kit
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kit-Car-Project-Luego-Velocity-Chassis-Plus-Loads-Of-Extras-And-Spares-Locost-/321264932645?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarPart s_SM&hash=item4acce1d725#ht_804wt_1170
I had a set of oval ones made by a trader called Casavara or something like that.
Kenton

bill132hotrod

posted on 7/12/13 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Kenton
I have already seen them but I think the chap is selling with the chassis.

rusty nuts

posted on 7/12/13 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kenton[/
I had a set of oval ones made by a trader called Casavara or something like that.
Kenton

That will be Matt from original Luego, his work is top notch

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.