Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: duratec over fuelling
viceface

posted on 31/7/16 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
duratec over fuelling

Evening people,

Hope someone can help,

I have just finished my Duratec install which is running an OEM ecu and I have the following 2 problems:

1. T/map is reading 40deg+ ( single tb Caterham alloy inlet plenum ).
the only solution I can come up with is to take the temperature wire out of the T/Map and relocate a temp sensor at the furthest point of the plenum as the temp inside the plenum is a lot cooler nearer the air filter end.
T/Map sensor is not faulty but I believe it is getting heat soacked from the plenum.

2. lambda/o2 sensor is only switching 3-4 times in every 15 secs ( fitted just after the 4-1 collector).

Any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated.

britishtrident

posted on 31/7/16 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Have you got ? working OBD2 socket live data? --- if so what are the short and long term fuel trims and the max and min lambda voltages.
Fuel pressure could be to high the fuel pressure quoted by the manufacturer is key on engine off.
The lambda sensor voltage should show a complete high-low-high cycle at least once per second a brand new one perhaps 3+ times per second. If you are just using a digital voltmeter it may not be fast enough to keep up, even OBD2 live data can't always keep up and tends miss cycles. Lambda sensors always slow down as the age they also drift out of calibration.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

chillis

posted on 1/8/16 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Tmap will read high at idle thats ok - once some air flows through the plenum it'll be ok. Make sure you have the 'pre' lambda sensor close to the collector and the 'post' lambda sensor behind the cat. Neither of them will switch quickly until the coolant gets above 60 deg C

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

viceface

posted on 9/8/16 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
hi,

yeah I have a data plug so I can collect and see live data.

looking at the print outs from the co machine I now believe it maybe down to a leak in the exhaust pre lambda sensor.
I have not had chance to look into this as yet but it looks promising.

cheers for your reply's.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.