Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: trikes
ceebmoj

posted on 7/7/08 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
trikes

Hi all,

I have a number of trike Qs and was hoping that people could help me out with them

1. what type of licence to I need to ride one.

2. if I have a steering wheel do I need a collapsible coloum like a car? does the coloum have the same restrictions in the MSVA as the SVA?

blake

r1_pete

posted on 7/7/08 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Some info here , I would guess it depends on things like weight, reverse gear etc...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 7/7/08 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
1. Bike or Car

2. Why would you not make it safe in a crash?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 7/7/08 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Are you making a 3 wheeled car or a 3 wheeled bike? 3 wheeled cars, like Reliants, can be driven on car licences, and also bike licences under some conditions. I don't know about 3 wheeled bikes.

I'd have thought that a steering column and steering wheel would be treated the same way in SVA and MSVA. That's how I'm doing mine.

ceebmoj

posted on 7/7/08 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
hi,

at the moment i'm just thinking about a trike again. Along 12 hour drive the other day with the roof down in the rain got me thinking about what is and is not sensible.

I guess i Look at what i'm thinking about as a bike with a steering wheal 1 seat heavily influwenced by sub 1 and the indy cycle. indy cycke lay out with a bit more side and fount crash protection (or am i being a bit of a wimp) other than that I was also thinking about a leaning suspension (like the carver) any way its all dreams at the moment and im sure a couple of houre at work tomorrow will take all my idle prosesor cycles.

as to why not build as safe as you can if people did ther would be no bikes surly?

blake

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.