Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where's Darren????
Jasper

posted on 5/10/04 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Where's Darren????

Sent emails - left ansa phone messages - no response. Is he on holiday????

Order a pair of rear wings WEEKS ago and still no word

marktigere1

posted on 5/10/04 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
He was on the Forum at 10.47 this morning!

I too am trying to get a message to him.

Cheers

Mark

If a bolt is stuck force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!!!
(My Dad 1991)

blueshift

posted on 5/10/04 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Try ringing around 2pm, I usually get an answer then. Bit pot luck, Darren's sadly not the best at answering all his emails and phone messages. I think he gets a bit rushed off his feet.
dozracing

posted on 5/10/04 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jasper,

You have mail. Did get your ansa phone message and responding was item 9 on todays list of to do's.

Jon can you send me your address so i can get this rack and springs out to you.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 5/10/04 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
There he is
alfasudsprint

posted on 20/10/04 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
help

anyone got a telephone no. for Darren...couldn't find one on his new website

Tim

MikeRJ

posted on 20/10/04 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
The numbers under "Contact" at the top of the web page.
David Jenkins

posted on 20/10/04 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Darren is around - I spoke to him on Monday, using the number on the website (as Mike said)

David

alfasudsprint

posted on 20/10/04 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys, didnt spot the small type at the top!

cheers, Tim

mandy69

posted on 21/10/04 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
What rubbish, if you use the internet to do business there is absolutely no excuse for not replying to emails otherwise why bother? Emails take far less time to answer than getting caught on the phone.

Perhaps GTS should put up a notice saying don't bother emailing because we don't bother replying

David Jenkins

posted on 21/10/04 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
I e-mailed him late last night, got a reply early this morning.

Good service as far as I'm concerned...

David

Micael

posted on 21/10/04 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandy69
What rubbish, if you use the internet to do business there is absolutely no excuse for not replying to emails otherwise why bother? Emails take far less time to answer than getting caught on the phone.

Perhaps GTS should put up a notice saying don't bother emailing because we don't bother replying

I have to agree! I have sent a couple of mail to him during a two weeks period and he hasn't bother to answer none of them.

He is a really nice guy when you meet him in real life, but it seems that he can't handle mail/phone in a proper way.

He really should hire someone to take care of client relations.
Otherwise he will start to loose clients/business

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

dozracing

posted on 22/10/04 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Putting this on a public forum is really helpful thanks.

If you want better service and want me to take on people to help then i have to get a good stream of orders. Postings on here that effect my ability to do that don't help anyone.

As it is i have to make a decision day to day whether to stay home and talk to everyone, or go out and prepare peoples orders. As i'm fairly consciencious if i have peoples money then i put them first and get on with satisfying their orders.

As far as the raffle is concerned i tend to wait til the end of the month then collate all the entries in one hit, send out all the entry number wait a while then do the draw. Hence why you don't get immediate responses. As the raffle has changed to run for longer to increase the chances that someone will win a kit, then this process has also lengthened.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marktigere1

posted on 22/10/04 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Have to add this.

eMailed Darren at 9.53 this morning and got a reply at 9.55!!

Appreciate that Darren cheers.

Great service.

Mark

If a bolt is stuck force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!!!
(My Dad 1991)

Micael

posted on 22/10/04 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Darren, I don't know why you are so upset, surely this could not be any news to you. It has been discussed before.

I didn't want to putting this public, that why a send you all mails (3).
But it seems to be the only way to get a response from you. Even if you are not to happy with it.

I think you are doing a great job, and your stuff top class, but you must answer mails/phone calls. Otherwise it ends up like this, people getting pissed no matter how small the amount of money is.

As you probably know, I wil manage without my 1£, but I don't like to pay for nothing even if it just 1£.

The information you gave me here on locostbuilders about the raffle ticket why don't you put it on your website.

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

James

posted on 22/10/04 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Darren,
I can see your problem: too busy to take orders but until you take the orders you can't afford to take someone on to help you take the orders!

I used to have it here all the time at work- I was too busy to have the time to implement systems and procedures that would make things more efficient! At one period when a project was taking away several team members I was left with just myself and a colleague solely doing IT support for a 1300strong R&D company. We each had over 100 calls (plus new PC builds/deliveries) in our work queues! A hundred people all "urgently" demanding your time is pretty damn stressful!

Guys,
I'm sure GTS could employ someone to answer calls/mails etc. but clearly this would have to be reflected by the prices GTS charge. This is a small industry with a lot of competition- just be patient!

All the best,

James

[Edited on 22/10/04 by James]

ned

posted on 22/10/04 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Darren,

One for your list can you drop me an update sometime about:
black mudguards front + rear
carbon dash
weber linkage
ally tank
and cracked scuttle repair

hopefully most can be sorted at exeter..

cheers.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Ian Pearson

posted on 22/10/04 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
ISTR that another supplier of quality 7 type parts was not too clever at replying to e-mails!

As James said, patience is probably a good exchange for quality and good value.

phelpsa

posted on 22/10/04 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
I found Ian Grey at ST the first, I also found Darren the best, but I might just be unlucky/lucky.

Adam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.