Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tiger Avon Wheel Size?
Four Litre

posted on 7/11/11 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger Avon Wheel Size?

Firstly hi to everyone on here....can see me coming here quite a bit in the next few months!

I've bought a tiger avon, but needs a bit of work as it hasn't had the best start in life... I'm aware that the car should have either 14" or 15" wheels but mine has 13" - the fronts fit fine but the backs stand proud of the wheel arch (mounted on a sierra drum). I've been looking on eBay and seen quite a few ford wheels but am not sure of the correct size width and offset.

Should the wheels be staggered?

Any help on this would be most appreciated..

Cheers all.

laptoprob

posted on 8/11/11 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
They were offered to take 14" wheels which a good friend of mine has fitted but a little later they were offered with 15`s which i have and to be honest look much better.

You need 38mm offset or 35mm(mine) will do. 195/50/15 tyres.

There are loads of people who have fitted larger width tyres and modded arches etc but to be honest i use mine for track 60% and the grip is fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

JacksAvon

posted on 8/11/11 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
If you intend racing the car stick with the 13" and find a set with the right offset, far better choice of rubber
Four Litre

posted on 9/11/11 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Guys - cheers for all the info - as its going to be mainly for the road I will probably go down the 15" route.

Is there a particula width I should be considering for the wheel, Tyres are fine with 195/50/15 but what is the correct wheel size for a 35 offset?

Im really after the width?

[Edited on 10/11/11 by Four Litre]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.