Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: donor dilemma what to do
crutch

posted on 27/4/07 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
donor dilemma what to do

Hi Bought a sierra of ebay. The first very local one to come. A 91 1.8 lx. 143k miles very good condition otherwise. last owner 12 years .

i have got most of my donor parts already but dont have a v5 and little odds like steering shrowd and front calipers/discs.

paid £100 for it with HG gone. Very tidy othewise.

now the problem, i was so happy with the car that i rushed abit. When she emailed me she said she was waitinng for paperwork to come back. I said it should not be too much of a problem they are very local. They were very genuine sadly missed the car as it was leaving and really wanted it to go to a good home. They had given me the home number and i met them at there house, nice house and area. they seemed very very genuine.

Now when i drove it the few miles home everything worked great no noses knocks brilliant brakes. but when i got it back home and inspected it closer i noticed a few things

It had a brand new battery good, brand new radiator good and front brakes also. BUT

The plate was missing off the front panel and a strip of metal with a punched one in its place. I immediatly checked the window etchings (rubbed off) and the drivers side floor (different number).

Now i do have the bottom bit of the reg doc all tally up from what info i have. NUmber plate etc and last years VOSA mot doc which shows the end date as a week or so ago and with the chasis number of the front and reg.

This car is so obvious not right but i only paid £100. The seller is genuine and honestly dont believe she is resposnsible and they say they have owned the car for 12 years. Have they bought it 12 years ago as a ringer and not known? but iwould have thought when the MOT tester has looked he would see the funny plate and check the other and may raise a concern. Maybe they do know but didnt say anything as not to loose the car.

Do i ring them and take it back.

Keep the genuine v5 for my kit and loose the ringed car bit. (although do i need to cut the number off?)

????

britishtrident

posted on 27/4/07 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yep take it back --- you don't need to store up trouble

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

crutch

posted on 27/4/07 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
ringer

will ring them tommorow to see if they are still around

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.