Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For Sale - Landrover 110 CSW
Guinness

posted on 9/12/08 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
For Sale - Landrover 110 CSW

Right fellow Locostbuilders, following the recent discussions about all things Landrover, I thought I'd offer mine for sale here first.

It's a B Reg Landrover 110 Country Station Wagon, with a 2.5 turbo diesel engine. 11 1/2 months MOT, 5 months tax. It's got 200,000 miles on the clock, but as I don't have any history with it, I can't say if that is correct or not. Tax is £185 a year and fully comp insurance was £140!

I took it to the garage expecting a list of fail points / advisories. But in fact they were well impressed! They said it was in "surprisingly good condition for it's age". Also rather worryingly that "it's quite quick isn't it?"

Lets start with the engine / mechanical bits, it smokes a bit on first start in the morning, but doesn't when starting again during the day. No visible smoke when driving and doesn't seem to use oil. Can be run on veg, bio diesel, or if you are feeling like treating her, diesel!

5 speed manual and hi/lo works OK. No PAS. Front brake discs had an advisory at MOT that they are slightly pitted but they work fine. It's sitting high on a set of 130 springs, so it's got about a 3" lift over a normal Defender (means you are about as high as a Sprinter! and you can see clear over Navara's / L200's!). It's got a decent turn of speed and will cruise at motorway speed.

Chassis has a few small spots of rust, but nothing major, and nowhere near any structural stuff! I'm halfway through fitting a polybush kit at the minute!

Externally it's on a set of Goodyear Wranglers with plenty of tread left on them, on a set of modular steel wheels. The bonnet and front wings are checkerplated, as are bits of the rear bodywork and tops of the front bumper. There is a Rebel diff guard and Steering Rack Guard. Oh and there are extra main beam spots on the front and a work lamp on the back. It has fittings for a tow bar, and single electrics for towing.

The interior is bare painted black, no carpets, just hose it out when you've finished playing. There are 12 seats (so it qualifies as a bus and I am led to believe exempt from the congestion charge!):-

2 front seats and a 3rd one above the gearbox.
2 rear seats and a removable 3rd one in the middle.
Then there are two folding rear bench seats, each seating 3 (allegedly)

There is a CD player with a removable face, some speakers that work and a tilt meter let into the dash. The heater works, but the fan only works on speed setting 2. All the lights work as they should.

It used to be brown. It's been handpainted matt black. Although to be fair, if you are taking it off road you don't want to wreck a decent paint job. The drivers door and rear door have been replaced at some point. There are at least 4 keys for it!

Basically it's not pretty, but it is functional, ready for play!

£1,400 ono.

u2u me!

Cheers

Mike

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

thunderace

posted on 10/12/08 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
i would give you a swap for my jetski

MikeR

posted on 10/12/08 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Cut 20" out and i'd be looking at my perfect vehicle! i'm not sure if that means i'm that its not so will not be tempted of that you've reminded me of what i really want! Must resist ebay now ....
Peteff

posted on 10/12/08 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Is it OK to post this elsewhere?

Other forums may be interested.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Guinness

posted on 10/12/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Other forums may be interested.

Yup! Cross post away Pete! No sales commission for you though!

Cheers Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.