New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Should I shouldn't I
omega 24 v6

posted on 25/7/08 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Should I shouldn't I

As per this thread really.
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=93899

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

big_wasa

posted on 25/7/08 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Give it ago
mookaloid

posted on 25/7/08 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
I think you should give it a go, I'm not 100% certain that there are enough people on here to make it a runaway success - however providing you are willing to let stuff go for whatever the highest price might be then why not?

Cheers

mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

chris_smith

posted on 25/7/08 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
you wont know whether its a success till its been tried so come on get stuff listed
omega 24 v6

posted on 25/7/08 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

however providing you are willing to let stuff go for whatever the highest price might be then why not?

It's all locost building stuff and it's no use to me so it WILL all go regardless of price.

MikeR

posted on 25/7/08 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
i like the idea except ..... i've no idea of the value of some things and being a tight northern git a) don't want to pay over the odds and b) don't want to insult someone.

Therefore i quite like having someone say "i want x for this".

I did get into a little 'discussion' with a previous member who's moved away now. He had a welding helmet left over, i offered to buy it & he said make me an offer. I tried to find the original group buy but that email (and only that email at this point in time) had been removed. I looked up the price of similar (ok identical, i got the model number off the box in the picture) helmets and found them brand new in the states for (made up value now) 40 dollars. i did the 50% conversion and offered him 20 quid plus posting. If a few companies in the states can sell them at that, then i'd imagine its close to what he paid buying them direct from china. He wanted rid, i was paying retail price - seemed fair.

I got a stream of abuse in a u2u (he wasn't happy with my suggested price)

Rather annoyed i walked away. Its something i don't want to repeat.

mr henderson

posted on 25/7/08 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
i like the idea except ..... i've no idea of the value of some things and being a tight northern git a) don't want to pay over the odds and b) don't want to insult someone.

Therefore i quite like having someone say "i want x for this".

I did get into a little 'discussion' with a previous member who's moved away now. He had a welding helmet left over, i offered to buy it & he said make me an offer. I tried to find the original group buy but that email (and only that email at this point in time) had been removed. I looked up the price of similar (ok identical, i got the model number off the box in the picture) helmets and found them brand new in the states for (made up value now) 40 dollars. i did the 50% conversion and offered him 20 quid plus posting. If a few companies in the states can sell them at that, then i'd imagine its close to what he paid buying them direct from china. He wanted rid, i was paying retail price - seemed fair.

I got a stream of abuse in a u2u (he wasn't happy with my suggested price)

Rather annoyed i walked away. Its something i don't want to repeat.

I agree, and I've been saying this for years. If it's your gear, and you want to sell it, then name your price or put it in an open auction where everybody can see what the latest bid is, and can decide whether or not they want to bid higher.

The worst of the lot is the 'open to sensible offers'. Whose to decide what's sensible? If the seller already knows what's 'sensible' then he should put his 'sensible' price in as the price.

John

mark chandler

posted on 25/7/08 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO auctions are great with a large audience as you are relying on two people really wanting something to push the price up, but at the end of the day they give an easy sale so things tend to go cheap.

Better simply to decide on the price you want and offer it or as others, if this fails then on to ebay and post the item number.

Regards Mark

[Edited on 25/7/08 by mark chandler]

DarrenW

posted on 25/7/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yes give it a go.

Title should be started "Sealed Bid - xxxxxx" where xxxx is the item.

Due to limited audience compared to ebay you may need to set a decent time. eg 1 week.

quinnj3

posted on 25/7/08 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
i say give it a go. You say you don't mind selling what ever the price, its an experiment and i'm sure you'll respect the bids as they are sent in. Unfortunately i don't think ill be buying anything got a big project to pour my money into, cars are just gonna have to wait until someone wants to donate me some money or i get extrememly lucky on the lottery.

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

omega 24 v6

posted on 25/7/08 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
OK I'm going to try it out and see how it goes. I have many items I need to list so I will do it in groups ( ie stearing then exhaust etc etc). Look out for the fist post shortly.

D Beddows

posted on 25/7/08 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
OK seen the advert and I have to say....is it really worth the effort! you have something to sell, if you'd have just said how much you want for the steering related stuff you'd probably have sold most of what's going to sell by Monday anyway and I suspect you wont get any more buyers just because it's an auction. As to being fair to people who can't access the internet at work during the week - if you're so bothered about that just post your 'for sale' posts at the weekend!! - personally I just want people to buy the stuff I occasionally advertise because I want the money and tbh I don't care how, when or why they are able to do it!!

[Edited on 26/7/08 by D Beddows]

scootz

posted on 26/7/08 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
It's entirely up to you.

As before, I think it's an awful lot of faffing about.

I like the traditional - name your price, and haggle if you want to!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.