Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone want a cheap BMW? - Photo's added!
carpmart

posted on 9/3/09 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone want a cheap BMW? - Photo's added!

I have an E39 528i SE Steptronic Auto 1996 car. Very well specified with usual spec! Unusal extra's and worth a specific mention are memory electric black leather seats and a split folding rear seat with ski hatch. It also has a factory fit removable tow bar, very useful for track days as its a superb tow barge when it needs to be! I had a Jeep Cherokee and the BMW beats it hands down as a tow car.

Its a lovely platinum silver colour which was only available on early e39's. It has clear front and rear OEM (factory option) lights rather than the ghastly orange ones you see on many older 5 series, so it looks really modern!

The E39 was (still is) revered as the greatest ever car by many pundits and observers. I have to say that this is the best car I have EVER owned. I have had this car for nearly eight years and completed nearly 140k miles in her in that time, so I feel well qualified to make this comment!

Other than standard consumables, the only fault has been with a faulty final stage resistor in the heating system and a the six stack CD player going Kaput (replaced).

The car has a very subtle mod to the front with eyebrow spoilers which to my mind really improves the look. It has 18" Alpina alloys (replica but good quality) which are included in the asking price. These have very good Pirelli (£130 per corner) rear tyres 2k old and reasonable tread on the fronts. If I don't get the asking price then these will be swapped for a nice set of 16" standard turbines and I'll get £400 for these on the bay!

Condition wise, its pretty good as I had the front of the car and a couple of dings 'blown over' 18 months ago which has really smartened the car up. It still has a couple of supermarket dings on three panels which would cost circa £100 for paintless dent removal. I can have this completed for the buyer if the wish. The power steering reservoir has leaked for 6 years. I have never bother to change this and just top up with fresh ATF every couple of months.

I have maintained this car for the last 5 years and there is plenty of history up to then. The engine and autobox are perfect and its a great mix between, wafting cruising and lane bashing saloon handling. You can do hundreds of mile sin this car and feel fresh as a daisy the other end, it really is a great mile muncher.

Its coming up to the double ton from a mileage perspective, but this shouldn't put people off as its still a really good drive. If I was keeping the car then I would suggest that the new owner replace the front upper and lower ball joints as they are a little loose now. I doubt this would be an MOT fail just tighten up the geometry a bit. This was nearly done last weekend but went out instead so didn't get the parts or get started. I was planning on keeping the car and running it up to the 300k mile mark but something else has caught my interest.........So, what is it I hear you ask? I love E39's so much that I am replacing this with a friend's car which is a very late e39 sport. Its just such a stunning car that I couldn't refuse.

MOT July and Tax till August and its HPI clear

Finally, the price, I would like £1,295 ovno to include the Alpina's or £1000 with the 16" turbines!

Please ask any questions you have.

I will take some photo's in the daylight. Private plate is not included.

[Edited on 9/3/09 by carpmart]

[Edited on 9/3/09 by carpmart]

[Edited on 10/3/09 by carpmart]

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

carpmart

posted on 10/3/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Pic Rescued attachment Image123.jpg
Rescued attachment Image123.jpg

'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8

carpmart

posted on 10/3/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
pic Rescued attachment Image120.jpg
Rescued attachment Image120.jpg

'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8

carpmart

posted on 11/3/09 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Bump

'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8

carpmart

posted on 15/3/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290303111669

Now on the bay!

'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.