Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sva highs and lows
Furry

posted on 19/8/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
sva highs and lows

well eventually drove to exeter today from poole for my sva retest. about half way there the car overheats and i have to drive the next 30 miles filling it up ever ten or so miles. Eventualluy get to the test late and stressed. the examiner was brilliant once again and put me at ease and after some caliborating and adjusting i came away with a mac. unfortunately about 5 miles back car starts overheating again and rac called only to find that my cover through halifax is roadside only and not recovery (gutted especially as i turned down the kit car insurance thinking i was covered for recovery). long story short it cost me £160 to get the car home.

that said i'm still chuffed and the car is back in one piece ready to be repaired and registered

house19uk

posted on 19/8/09 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Well done at least you have the mac and can get it repaired while you wait for your registration to come through
BenB

posted on 19/8/09 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hell, you've got the MAC. Now you can complete DVLA registration ad put a proper BEC engine in it and job's a good'un

I'd say all in all that's quite a good day!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.