Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Centre Parcs rant
smart51

posted on 21/8/09 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Centre Parcs rant

We've just been to centre parcs today and come home again. We are disappointed.

We booked on the website, entering details of 2 adults and a baby. We booked a 1 bedroom villa with a cot and highchair, went though all the details on all the screens and paid. Good. we chose Centre Parcs because a hotel room is no good with a baby. At 7:00pm you have to turn the lights out and keep quiet. Not a lot of fun for us. A villa, we thought, was good. Close the bedroom door and the baby will be fine.

We get to the villa which is actually a studio. The bed is in the lounge / kitchen. There's no cot and infact no room for a cot. Their customer services response to this was basically "Oh dear". They were completely full and could not reaccommodate us and suggested that they could deliver a cot and we could put it in front of the sofa. After escalating the grievence up 2 levels of management they reluctantly gave us a refund and we came home. This was after they tried very hard to give us a credit note instead. They claimed that their website was very clear saying that it was unsuitable for couples with babies. Something I checked when we got home. The entire booking process does not mention this at all. Be ware if you're planning to go there in a 1 "bedroom" villa.

Its a shame because it is a really nice place. The thing is it would only have taken about a metre of wall plus a door to make the bedroom a room.

I now have a day off from work on Monday which I probably won't be allowed to spend in the garage and a wasted day today. It was a long round trip for a coffee and a biscuit. I'm annoyed and disappointed.

Dangle_kt

posted on 21/8/09 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
arrr thats crap! hate it when stuff like that happens and they can't move you to a more suitable place.

Personally I love centre parcs, we go every year and have a good time with the kids - but we go as a big group so get a few big villas between us so room isn't an issue.

If its any consolation, the baby probably would have got a stinking cold from the swimming pool - ours always do.

Guinness

posted on 21/8/09 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I used to do some contracting for them. The resorts themselves are very nice, but behind the scenes there are "guest spend" targets all over the place!

The average amount spent on top of the accommodation, on food, activities, hire of bikes etc is frightening

I think you got off lightly! (IMHO)

Mike

JoelP

posted on 21/8/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
get a letter sent off, you might get a free holiday too!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

tjoh84

posted on 22/8/09 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
sorry to hear news i love the palce i went last year and had a leak so no heating. was in a 1 bed exect villa and paid to be close by. ended up in a 3 bed two story with own sauna 3 bathrooms even closer to the pool £100 vouchers for restraunt really made are hol

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.