Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mini January Sale
DarrenW

posted on 15/1/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Mini January Sale

1996 N reg mini sidewalk.
Many upgraded parts inc very smart alloys and carbon flip front. 1275 spi. hi lo suspension etc etc.
Project car but needs little to finish. Stands me at over £1000. Accept £650.

No pics yet as i cannot get to garage but will try this weekend. Need space and no time to finish due to new business. Defo a bargain. If i had time i could get more in parts alone. Will need to be trailored as back end is in bits but will re-assemble quite quickly.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

locoboy

posted on 15/1/10 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
You advertised this a fair while back Darren, I was interested then and am interested now too but its just too damn far for it.

Good luck with the sale, its a real bargain.

ATB
Locoboy

DarrenW

posted on 15/1/10 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Its not that far. You will need trailer. Will consume best part of a day but well worth it.
Im being very honest when i say it doesnt need much work. Id love to take loads of pics but only a single garage and its full of other stuff so struggling to get good view of car with camera. Defo worth more as parts but im too busy on other things to get stuck in.

MakeEverything

posted on 15/1/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Id love another mini, but when ive finished the kit, ill be returning to the part build chassis hanging from the roof of the garage!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

DarrenW

posted on 15/1/10 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Id love another mini, but when ive finished the kit, ill be returning to the part build chassis hanging from the roof of the garage!

Why not get chassis down and hang mini from roof?...........................

DarrenW

posted on 15/1/10 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Aaaah, so thats where much wenlock is. Snods Edge is just up the road from me.

speedyxjs

posted on 16/1/10 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
I may be interested if i can borrow the money off my parents!

What does it need to finish?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

DarrenW

posted on 16/1/10 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Might be easier to discuss. Ive had subframe out and all bits cleaned up and painted. Floorpan is painted both sides, could do with some more coats. Then reassembly. Ive bought new bolts, brakes, cones etc etc for this.

i was going to take front engine and subframe out. Clean up and re-assembly etc. Flip front needs fitting better. Might need A panels, current ones arent too bad.

Centre body needs stripping underneath. I cant say if it needs sills etc, but more often than not most mini's do. Inner step on near side needs replacing.

One door is ropey but i have another that is better (but not perfect). Bonnet and boot lid arent great but might tidy up.

Car will need painting, its currently kingfisher blue which is a fantastic colour.

Alloys really set the car off, polished rims that need a polish. Add a set of nice arches and car will look awesome.

Engine ran, car drove into garage. Ive since removed tank and fuel lines (and brake lines) need replacing so obviously you wont see it running unless you spend time at my house putting lines in etc.

Interior is original and in great nick. Hard to come by and can be pricey.

I will always be honest to the point of putting people off but it really doesnt need much work compared to a lot you will see. The parts alone will net the lucky buyer a little profit. Its got quite a lot of trick bits yhat i dont understand like gasadjust shockers, adjustable ride height suspension, pricey quickshift fitted, minifin drums on back (front discs as std on this model).

Im starting to talk myself back into it but i need space in garage and to concentrate on businesses now.

Cheers,
Darren (07588154339)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.