Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1.8 zetec 161bhp - whats it worth?
Flick

posted on 21/4/10 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
1.8 zetec 161bhp - whats it worth?

Any suggestions on value? or offers!
Need to free up some funds so im thinking of selling my engine depending on how much id get for it.
There is a photo in my archive but i cant figure how to paste it on. (zetec)

1.8 Ford Zetec race engine. Taken out of a BARC Westfield race car. The engine has only done 2 races from build and is only being replaced because in a change in championship. Engine was blue printed by Stanwood Performance Engines(builders of current 750 motor club F4 and kit car championship winning engines) , the engine comes complete with twin 40 webers(jetted to suit engine), Ramair, flywheel and clutch assembly, baffled wet sump, Alpha ECU mapped to suit engine, New LR101 Alternator (boxed)
Rolling roaded at Northants Motorsport -produced 161 bhp (138 torque). Over 3k build cost. Would rather it goes to someone on here for the right offer.

Thanks Matt

[Edited on 21/4/10 by Flick]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

WanchaiWarrior

posted on 21/4/10 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
here you go
( ctrl c the image address under image then when posting use insert image button - line of text in image address box should read XimgX http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/zzzetttec.jpgX/imgX........... replace X with []

zetec engine
zetec engine

coozer

posted on 22/4/10 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
Well based on the way zetecs seem to pass through my garage on a regular frequency I would say somewhere around the £500 mark.

Only haggling point is the induction IMO.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

will121

posted on 22/4/10 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
if its a engine specifically developed to meet a strict racing class regulations then it would be worth more trying to sell to some one in that class, as a general kit car engine as said above would say about £500 if lucky as i assume as blue printed its standard cams, head etc?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.