Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Going to put my MK Indy Chassis & Parts up for sale - Info req please
Tipster69

posted on 22/6/10 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Going to put my MK Indy Chassis & Parts up for sale - Info req please

Hi,

I am going to put up for sale my MK Indy Chassis and some parts.

I am not 100% sure as to what the correct part names are. Could someone please list what I have here to put up for sale (and a guesstimate of what I should "realistically" be asking for it would be appreciated - they are nearly all unused parts).

THANKS in advance.

Powder coated 2007 MK Indy Chassis, Round Tube Front & Rear Upper & Lower Powder Coated Wishbones, Flared Brake Lines with Flexi Hoses, Handbrake Cable, Mushrooms, Steering Rack(?), Track Rods(?), Wiring Loom with fuse and relay holders, Chassis Tag Plate, some Polybushes, Speedo Connection (?)

(please feel free to correct my descriptions and mention any omissions)

[Edited on 22/6/10 by Tipster69]

Davg

posted on 22/6/10 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
Another abandoned project then?
You seem to have covered parts pretty well re the points you have ? at . Confirmed shortened rack & rod arms- wiring loom, could say what it is for - at a gues prob basis car install. Handbrake cable for drum brake. Right angle speedo drive, looks like for a type 9 sierra box. other bits (3 bolts with bushes) poss pedal bushes?
re pricing doubt if the chassis is actually 2007 possible older by the looks however if untouched still worth £'s have a lok at MK site for guide prices and go from there! cheers D

[Edited on 22/6/10 by Davg]

[Edited on 22/6/10 by Davg]

Tipster69

posted on 22/6/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Many Thanks for the info Davg, mucho appreciated.

I don't know if it classes as an Abandoned Project (cos I didn't start it even, lol), more a change of plan as to what I want to do.

chris mason

posted on 22/6/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
It's a pre 2005 chassis, and probably a chassis from when Martin originally owned Mk, i bought my 1st indy in 2005 and my chassis and wishbones were a newer design than that.

What surprises me, is that for a 6+ year old chassis no has ever taken the time to bolt anything to it

DavidW

posted on 22/6/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
How can you tell it's an older chassis?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.