Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Almost complete book kit with 1600 xflow
thefreak

posted on 7/3/11 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Almost complete book kit with 1600 xflow

Right, after a complete change of direction, I've decided to sell my build to fund a new one!

The current is a book chassis build with a 1600 crossflow lump with 5 speed type 9 box.

I bought it part complete with every intention to get it road legal, but time is not friendly and I've not been able to get it finished in the sort of timescales I want.

It's a fully rolling chassis with suspension, brakes, type 9 5 speed box with gearstick extension fitted, prop, live axle, loom, fuel tank and part built dash all on the car. I've got all the body panels - nose cone, 2 sets of front cycle wings, brand new aluminium side panels, new fibreglass rear panel, 2 bonnets (one brand new) and the scuttle.

I've just spent £600 on getting the engine sorted too, it was worked on by the guys at Noble Engineering in Chesterfield. It's a 1600 crossflow lump with shortened sump and Webber downdraft carb fitted. I was told when I bought it, it was a 1700 with fast road cam and lightened flywheel, but haven't stripped the engine down so cant confirm that.

It doesn't need lots doing to it (dont they all say that), a bit of wiring for the head/tail lights, interior finishing (seats/panelling), dash completing, fan wiring up etc.

The car starts and runs, so can be driven onto a trailer, but will need collecting from Gloucester (just off J12 M5).

I'll get out in the garage tonight and take some pictures. Viewings are welcome.
Looking for offers around £1750.00

[Edited on 7-3-11 by thefreak]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

thefreak

posted on 7/3/11 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Lol
sorted now.

thefreak

posted on 8/3/11 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Some pics of the kit as it currently is:

As said in the original advert, all the panels are there, but I've removed the front and rear arches to fit plugs on them so they can be removed without needing to chop wires. There's also a new black FG bonnet and new FG rear panel again not fitted as it's easier to work on bits without the panels. There are also 2 brand new aluminium side panels (still with protective covering) which have been professionally bent so they fit over the box section, they just need rivitting on. I've also got a selection of aluminium panels for underneath the engine (you can make out a couple already fitted on picture 5). I've also got 2 sets of front cycle wings, with 2 sets of wing stays which just need bolting on.

I have a pair of headlights which need bolting on as well as the tail and indicator lights.

Included would also be 2 windscreens with supports and wing mirrors and I think a wiper mechanism for if you want to fit the screen. One screen is heated but does have a chip/crack.

I do have the matching white speedo and rev counter which will just need connecting in, but I was going for a carbon dash with electronic speedo.

The battery is only a year old and holds its charge fine.

Any rust marks on the roll bar and rear panel are just surface rust and will rub off with some wire wool. I stripped the paint back and primed it but never put a coat of hammerite on all of the interior.

I am open to sensible offers on this, as I've no idea how much it's worth, as its a project for someone to complete and get on the road this summer I just know how much time and $$ I've invested in it upto now.

[Edited on 8-3-11 by thefreak]

thefreak

posted on 8/3/11 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
No interest at all?
thefreak

posted on 14/3/11 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
PRICE DROP!!!!
Need this gone as I need the space now.
£1250!!

Anyone...?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.