Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Post Office (Word of Warning)
scootz

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Post Office (Word of Warning)

I posted a set of clocks to Malc at Yorkshire Engines a while back... turns out they never arrived.

Disappointing as I never like to see someone getting let down, but at least no-one will be left out of pocket as I had a proof of posting and the value was near enough the standard comp-rate of £41. So I whack in my claim!

Got my reply. "Very sorry... blah blah... can't find the package... blah blah... we'll refund postage fee of £5... blah blah... but you ain't getting any compo because you don't have a receipt to prove that you once owned the damn clocks"! Receipt? I was selling the bloody things on behalf of someone else!

Unbelievable... now near-on £50 lighter for now't. That's 20% of a whole locost lost right there!

So the moral of the story - don't use RM to send anything... unless you still have the original receipt from when you bought it! And I've still got loads of sh*te (sorry - quality goods ) in my garage that came without receipts that I've yet to get moved on!

It's Evolution Baby!

Danozeman

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Royal mail is wank.. send stuff insured postage.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

carpmart

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Scootz - I love the sh*te in your garge, always a bargain, especially compared to what you typically have paid for it in the first place!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

imp paul

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
sorry it sucks Scott keep your chin up mate i know its not nice all the best Paul
Dangle_kt

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
You should "find" a bill of sale, you know how easy they are to misplace! They are usually found folded into quarters and on the floor so a bit grubby, almost aged you might say.

On a COMPLETE SIDE NOTE

I heard that some organisations use Microsoft Word templates to make their receipts.

Especially small ones, who close down not long after selling stuff.

scootz

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Royal mail is w*nk.. send stuff insured postage.

You can insure it for as much as you like... no proof that what you said was in the parcel in the first place, then you ain't getting your compensation! No reward for honesty / trust - it just encourages you to be sneaky!

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
You should "find" a bill of sale, you know how easy they are to misplace! They are usually found folded into quarters and on the floor so a bit grubby, almost aged you might say.

On a COMPLETE SIDE NOTE

I heard that some organisations use Microsoft Word templates to make their receipts.

Ha Ha... was just telling Malc that I would keep the moral high-ground - it means I can get proper angry about it!!!

It's Evolution Baby!

loggyboy

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

On a COMPLETE SIDE NOTE

LOL

cliftyhanger

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
They all try to wiggle out of it.
The couriers are much worse than RM.

I have claimed a few times from RM, twice I printed an image for the part from an online catalogue, and claimed the amount for a new one. And another the ebay listing. All paid no problems.

Appeal, get a receipt for money paid from malcom (if he is willing) for the value of the goods. Or a letter saying "I have paid £35 to Mr XXX for XXXXXX which has not arrived."

That may do the trick? Never let them kow it was freebie stuff.

As an aside, one of the items I got paid out for arrived back to me a day before my compensation appeared. Goodness knows how it got lost, but did I return it? like hell I did. They were welcome to the magnetic drain plug if they wanted to keep it, but they never asked.

Snuggs

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Just because you don't have a receipt doesn't mean you don't own it.

If you were selling parts from a vehicle you were breaking you would not have receipts for every part or even the whole vehicle.

I would fight them through the online small claims court as I don't believe they will contest it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

MakeEverything

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Royal mail is riddled with lazy corrupt bent wankers. The guys on the ground (mostly) are ok. My postie is a top bloke.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

scootz

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Keep it coming guys... it's feeding my AAAANNNNNGGGGEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!

They won't like me when I'm angry!

It's Evolution Baby!

ReMan

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I posted the same sentiment recently after not recieving my (relatively low value) purchase from a fellow LCB.
Worst possible outcome seller loses goods and has to recompense buyer, shoudl hav just put £15 in a postbox.

I firmly believe that p\aying the extra 79p? makes all the differrenc to its chances

SEND EVERYTHING RECORDEDSEND EVERYTHING RECORDED

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

mrwibble

posted on 24/3/11 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
they tried the same with me at work, after sending someones £100+ spectacle frame. its a standard get out of paying response. i argued and 1 angry letter later i had a book of first class stamps and my £39 compensation as it was then. don't give up yet mate, make up an invoice for the goods if need be, they'll pay up, they just try it on first time round.
Ninehigh

posted on 24/3/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
I posted the same sentiment recently after not recieving my (relatively low value) purchase from a fellow LCB.
Worst possible outcome seller loses goods and has to recompense buyer, shoudl hav just put £15 in a postbox.

I firmly believe that paying the extra 79p? makes all the differrenc to its chances

SEND EVERYTHING RECORDEDSEND EVERYTHING RECORDED

Doesn't mean they won't lose it... It just means they can find out that it's lost...

I've told them before "Refund or it's been stolen, and my solicitor can back that up tyvm"

Oh another word of advice, if you recieve something recorded delivery, don't sign it with your own name just like Sainsbury's bank (they have a bunch of mail handlers by the name "Hbos"

ReMan

posted on 24/3/11 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
No but it will be very obvious if more than a small number of recorded packages go missing on a particular patch
So the dishonest scum posties are much less likely to be tempted

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

blakep82

posted on 25/3/11 at 01:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
Oh another word of advice, if you recieve something recorded delivery, don't sign it with your own name just like Sainsbury's bank (they have a bunch of mail handlers by the name "Hbos"

thats correct, sainsburys bank is run by hbos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainsbury's_Bank

and tesco finance is/was RBS

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ninehigh

posted on 25/3/11 at 01:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:

thats correct, sainsburys bank is run by hbos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainsbury's_Bank

and tesco finance is/was RBS

No idea where the wink came from but my point with the signature is that apparently it's down to Postie as to whether the letter should be signed for by a person with a name (who can therefore be traced) or whatever the hell they want (as companies are wont to do) Was highly annoying as we sent everything recorded so if it came to it we can say "You did get this letter it was signed for by this person here"

Thus when I signed the last one "DDS" and he complained I politely invited him in to show him the signatures of all the people called "HBOS" that are acceptable.

blakep82

posted on 25/3/11 at 02:02 AM Reply With Quote
ah, i get you now.
well, think about it from the banks mail room side, they get say 1000 letters every day, 200 of which need to be signed for. i wouldn't expect the guys in the mailroom to sign every one of those letters indiviually, checking every single one while the postman stands there waiting. even if every one was signed indivually, and you phoned up, and a manager went to the mail room and spoke to the guy who signed for it, do you think he'll remember that one specific letter?

also remember, the letters will be received by one guy, then passed over to scanning for it to be scanned on the system so anyone who needs to see it, can see it. so it may go through up to 5 people or so before it gets that far (the guy who signs, then on to sorting, then to the guy who takes the ones to scanning, then someone passes them out to someone at scanning, then someone scans it on.

is the first guy who signed for it responsible for it falling off the trolley on the way to scanning? or for the guy in scanning who didn't see it stuck on the back of another letter from someone else?

the fact that is was signed for by hbos 'should' be enough to show it got there, but has no relevance on what happens once it gets to the bank

once its there though, depending on how busy they are, it can take several hours to be scanned on. when i was at RBS, the worst i saw was something like 2 days, where it was normally about 4 hours or so

worth bearing in mind when posting anything to any big company with processing centres

[Edited on 25/3/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

HowardB

posted on 25/3/11 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
my bro had a new PC shipped to him by RM, and it got damaged, it was a mate that built it, and so he printed out the invoice and sent it to RM.

Ask Malc at YE to do you a favour and send a copy of the pro-forma that he paid against, perhaps that might convince RM.

Otherwise get ANGRY!

hth

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

cd.thomson

posted on 25/3/11 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
I packaged my old ps3 as advised by my local post office then had it insured once they felt it could travel safely to its destination.

It arrived smashed and apparently I hadn't packaged the item properly. After explaining the situation and the advice I'd been given the complaints department gave my local PO a call. They, of course, confirmed that they would never ever give anybody dodgy advice ever so it came down to my word against theirs. Obviously I'm a lying cretin so I ended up £250ish lighter..

Craig

macspeedy

posted on 25/3/11 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Had probs with the royal mail too... delivered to wrong addresses or failing to ring the bell for packages!!

owelly

posted on 25/3/11 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
I was expecting a package and I wanted it ASAP so I got it delivered to my work address. The firm that sent it used RM instead of their usual courier 'so they could track it easier'. The parcel never arrived when it was supposed to so the sender contacted RM who explained that they tried to deliver it but there was no-one in.
So, the delivery guy turned up at my workplace, which is an RAF Station, manned 24hours a day, every day, and there was no-one in?? Where was this doorbell he rang? WHich door did he knock on? Was it the first barrier manned by at least three armed MoDPlod? Or did he manage to evade that and get to the next barrier which has a police station fastened to it, and is also manned 24/7 by around 13 BiB? Or did he get past all of the security and knock on the door of the RAF Admin building which may be empty out of normal working hours?
Any of the MoDPlod would send the delivery driver down to the powerstation where I work, and that is also manned 24/7.
RM tell lies. They are bad.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
myke pocock

posted on 25/3/11 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Out of work at pres so decided to do the Hospital Car Service to cover the cost of tax and insurance a bit. Sent two letters off at exactly the same time, both fully pre paid by the NHS and both with the same full address on from one Carlisle address to another Carlisle address. One gets there, the other doesnt. The one that didnt? Had my passport and driving license in it. F***ing RM's gonna cost me a mint. Ile need the job, and its only voluntary and only pays mileage, just to pay for the replacements in the first place.
scootz

posted on 19/4/11 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Well...

I wrote them a polite yet strongly worded letter explaining that I had witnesses who could speak of me owning the part and of me posting the part, and that I would take legal action if they didn't resolve the matter to my satisfaction.

They got back to me today.

Tough! No proof of value... no compensation!

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.