Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who plays golf?
pekwah1

posted on 8/4/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Who plays golf?

I've just gone and got myself a set of clubs after playing my first ever round of pitch and putt last week.
So tonight treated myself on the driving range, sucked massively but was good fun!

Have been watching loads of golf vids since that....

So anyway, how many golfers on here, tips are more than welcome!

mookaloid

posted on 8/4/11 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Keep yer head still

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

pgtips

posted on 8/4/11 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Get your self plenty of balls. No not the expensive ones. Get some cheap ones. You can buy lake balls, cheap and not as painful when you loose them.........oh yes you will.

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

steve m

posted on 9/4/11 at 01:32 AM Reply With Quote
pekwah1

Mate, what have you done!

pipe and slippers next

omega0684

posted on 9/4/11 at 05:16 AM Reply With Quote
i started golf lessons was when i was 13 years old, by the time i was 20 i was playing off about a 15 handicap, i haven't played for a while so probably back in the 20's now.

the best piece of advise i can give you is, GET A TEACHER! you will pick up LOTS of bad habits if you don't and you will make no progress with your game, you'll get frustrated and then quit, i've seen it happen to loads of people. if you have a dozen lessons and are up the range twice a week for a few months your get better quickly and you'll enjoy the game much more!

HTH's

Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Craigman9

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
I play off a 7 handicap but have recently been a lot more interested In cars than golf. However, I just kept practising over and over until I could hit the ball to a decent standard. After that I got lessons to push me along quicker, golf is a matter of feel though so everyone plays/swings a little different!
stevetzoid

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, Oh dear now you have dun it if you have been bitten by the golf bug!!. I used to play off 7 and my lad played for the County. As the previous contributor wrote, lessons are the way to go but in my opinion everyone has a natural ability level you can quite quickly reach that but to get beyond is where the hard work realy begins. Ask around to find a good teacher like all of life there are good and bad teachers out there some will just keep taking your money. However it is important not to learn bad habbits and don't listen to the proffesional amateur there is nothing worse at the driving range!! you have been warned.

Best Regards Steve Evans.

pekwah1

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
i might get a couple of lessons, but not really doing it to become amazing, just seems like good fun!
and steve, you better watch it mate, aren't you at the pipe and slippers stage already??

omega0684

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
just seems like good fun!

You wait until the frustration kicks in and your throwing golf clubs in the bin because you can't hit a ball in a straight line!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Triton

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Tried it years ago but seems the golf bats are way too long and all I managed to hit was the ground, boy does that hurt!!

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Peteff

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Leave the clubs in the corner handy for the door if anyone upsets you and buy a pair of walking shoes. You can find something better to waste your time and money than golf.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Steve Hignett

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Lessons!!!
Catatomic
Contributor

Posts 49
Registered 7/6/07
Location Uttoxeter

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Tiger Cat E1: Pinto GSXR 600 Throttle bodies, Mega

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
FLOG

I go for a few 5 hour walks but the experience is consistently ruined by looking for balls and swearing a lot!

Mark Allanson

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
As soon as you get the car finished, you will be out in it every chance you get, the bag of bats will be down the boot sale and your street cred will be restored

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

stevetzoid

posted on 9/4/11 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
No Pipe and slippers for me mate, I am off to Brands Hatch next weekend Racing in Locost again!!. How about you Hmmm

Regards Steve Evans.

PS Off to Leicester Speedway Tomorrow, only 28 years from my last visit.

Guinness

posted on 9/4/11 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
A mate of mine took up golf on his honeymoon.

I rang him up one afternoon when they'd got back and his wife answered the phone.

When I asked where he was, she replied "He's out playing whack bleep "

Apparently she'd renamed golf and summised the whole experience into two words. He takes his shot and then swears loudly. Whether this summed up the remainder of his honeymoon I don't know

(Hope the swear filter works!)

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 10/4/11 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I actually really enjoy golf, its the tosser jobsworths at the club who think they own the world I can't tolerate. We went to a charity event at our local club and was reprimanded for sitting at the Captains Table. To be fair there was a sign and a velvet rope cordon

It didn't go down too well though when I asked the waiter (club secretary apparently) when the fish fingers were coming out and what was Captain Birdseyes handicap

We'd had a few, all in the name of charity of course.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

baldeagle

posted on 10/4/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Golf helps my tourettes

Thanks Ady

austin man

posted on 10/4/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
golf gave me tourettes

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

daniel mason

posted on 10/4/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
i played for a few years as a junior. i started at christmas when i was 12 and was playing off 12 within 8 months! my dad is a 3 handicapper though which helped!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.