Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tilting Ramps
chris-g

posted on 28/6/11 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Tilting Ramps

Hello all.
I have this set of heavy duty tilting ramps for sale. They are very substantial, well thought out and give good access under the car. I really dont want to sell these but unfortunately they are too big for my garage and with them set up I can not get access to my work bench and tools.
They work in a similar fashion to restoration ramps, but have the advantage of not needing to jack them up and the angle seems shallower. They consist of a pivot and a set of dampers. As you drive up the ramps and past the pivot point they will slowly rotate to the level position, at which point the rear supports are put in place to stop them moving. There are a set of smaller dampers at the back that control the decent when driving the car off. One of these will need topping up with oil. There are two adjustable tie rods to keep the ramps together. It also comes with an attachment that fits perpendicular to the ramps and rests on top. It form a platform that can be used to jack up and support the car on axle stands at one end (consists of two angle iron bars and two platforms although only one is shown in the photos). Condition is very good with only light surface rust on some of the parts. They will need M12 bolts and nuts for attaching the damps to ramps. I have replaced the axle for one the ramps but this will need finishing (requires a plate welding on the end and an M20 nut and washer). They are rated at 2 tones for the pair. The instruction manual is included but it is fairly strait forward. They will fit in an estate car with front seat down to accommodate the ramp sections which are in two parts bolted together. They are made of thick gauge steel so weigh quite a bit.

Here is the specification taken from the instructions.
All welded construction from hot-rolled steel angle, finished in metallic blue.
Maximum load: 2 tonnes per pair of ramps.
Dimensions:
Ramp length 14'8" (4470mm). Ramp width 10" (255mm).
Track width Variable.
Ramp height 21" (535mm).
Average ground clearance of raised vehicle: 2'5" (735mm).
Weight: 165 Ibs (75kg) per complete single ramp assembly.

See my photo archive under ramps for more photos.
Viewing is welcomed, they will have to be collected from south Nottingham, 15 minutes from M1, J24.

Price £500.

Thanks for reading.

[Edited on 28/6/11 by chris-g]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

mookaloid

posted on 28/6/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
That's quite a lot of money - but they look really good

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

chris-g

posted on 28/6/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
That's quite a lot of money - but they look really good

This is the closest thing I can find to these ramps, they are in the region of £1000 and another £155 if you want them painting.
http://www.restorationramps.co.uk/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/ramps?opendocument&part=2

shindha

posted on 29/6/11 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like a nice piece of kit, wish I had the space. I can remember the car on the demo - the Austin Princess and in those drab colours with vinyl roofs.
chris-g

posted on 30/6/11 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Open to offers on these, I need to be able to get back in the garage and have access to the work bench.
chris-g

posted on 8/7/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Still need a new home for these. Reasonable offers considered.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.