Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa power commanders
parkiboy

posted on 25/5/12 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa power commanders

Hi I am lookin for a power commander for my newly bought bec to get it through the iva test however apart from knowing the engine is a low mileage engine from Yorkshire engines that all I know about it, I have no idea what year the engine is and without the vin I'm finding it particularly had to find what year it is! I've noticed when looking for a power commander they are different for 99-01 and then 02-11

Can anyone advise me on this given my situation? An does any body have an iva friendly map for the power commander?

Thanks

big_l

posted on 25/5/12 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
I took a laptop with me to iva and he allowed me to keep adjusting the figure when it was on the emission tester!!

I was down at -27 fuel ...

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

twybrow

posted on 26/5/12 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
What engine is it? Can you post a pic, as someone might be able to tell you what you have bought!
parkiboy

posted on 26/5/12 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
What engine is it? Can you post a pic, as someone might be able to tell you what you have bought!

It's a hayabusa pal just don't know what year I'll take some photos today and get them up here

bobinspain

posted on 26/5/12 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
parkiboy

Before splashing your hard-earned on a Power Commander, get some inside info from Cosmick, noc231073 or SJL or a host of other clued-up guys on this site. A lot use their laptops to reprogramme and remap the Busa's own software, thereby saving hundreds of pounds in the process. There's a whole host of free software available too.
I specced a PC5 for my car before I realised the above.

Check out the thread from late last year: 'Busa engine management options.'

[Edited on 26/5/12 by bobinspain]

SJL

posted on 26/5/12 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
You really need to know the year of manufacture as the 99 - 01 engines have 16 bit ECU's. 02 onwards use the 32 bit versions. It is possible to change from 16 bit to 32 bit but you would probably be better off finding a secondhand PC.

If your engine is 02 - 07 you can then use ECU Editor to remap the stock ECU. This also works on 08 onwards.

I am not 100% sure how to identify the differences from 99 - 02 engines but if you can post the ECU part number I will be able to tell from that.

As a side note I got through SVA without a PC or any ECU remapping. You do need an adjustable fuel regulator though.

[Edited on 26/5/12 by SJL]

richard thomas

posted on 26/5/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
my 99 got through with PAIRS fitted and fuel at 28psi....took a couple of attempts though....
parkiboy

posted on 2/6/12 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys turns out its an 06 engine, ive spoke to MK and they are going to set the car up for me to get through emissions, they think i will only need to borrow there silencer with built in cat, i hope this is the case! It is nice to know that the hayabusa software can be edited i didnt know this could be done!
yorkshire-engines

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi its a 07 engine 24F series
and software can be edited
cheers Malc

scootz

posted on 10/6/12 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
A mate of mine has a Power Commander for sale that will work on your engine (if you find you do need one).

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.