Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PPC BLYTON
daniel mason

posted on 20/9/13 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
PPC BLYTON

just a message of thanks to frank and the organiseres for sorting out today. absolutely loved it. great track,great company and hopefully many friends made!
special mention to frank for the day and adiT and john ison for there help during the day with the correct lines and early issues with my car! cheers guys

laptoprob

posted on 20/9/13 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ill second that Dan

Good to meet you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

DanG

posted on 20/9/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Was a great day.
daniel mason

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
dan. hope you enjoyed it. i didnt even see you today?

Jon Ison

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
That's because you was to busy doing a radical strip down on yr Radical.

Great day big thanks to Frank for organising it, great to put faces to names along with bumping into the usual suspects, olny down side stuck in traffic for 90 minutes on way home due to an accident, oh and I need four new tryes, my second hand cheap cast offs are now down to canvas in a couple of areas defiantly passed there sell by date.

INDY BIRD

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
How did the radical perform as you expected?

Hope the weather was kind today

daniel mason

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
i had a float stick in my flat slide race carbs causing fuel to feed down the overflow on my fist 2 laps so,stripped the carbs and sorted it,and it was faultless after that. absolutely loved it and it suited me perfectly. on other track days ive been to ive been average at best but today only john ison passed me once or twice and adiT was chasing hard. most others i was passing.and it was my fist time at blyton and first time in the car so was quite happy really!

gaz_gaz

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Jon and that bloody car of his, quite a quick pairing aren't they, had the pleasure of trying to follow him round Cadwell.
Trev Borg

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Had a great day, met some nice folks, smiled a lot. Thanks Frank, job well done, looking forward to the next one.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

By that time, who cares.

You're a mile away, and you've got his shoes

unijacko67

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Headache/migraine????????

Had a great first time out for the car and myself despite a pretty bad headache, the camping was good crack so I'm told.

Thanks to all.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 20/9/13 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
i cant wait to see franks youtube clip of owelly and andrew jackson talking absolute nutsack at about 01:00 am.comedy gold

owelly

posted on 20/9/13 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Nah. I was tucked-up in bed by 8:30....
Utterly good time for me. Thanks Frank for putting it together.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 20/9/13 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
was that 08:30 or 20:30? i reckon the first one!

hillbillyracer

posted on 20/9/13 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
We were there too, cracking day out (the evening before was fairly entertaining too!). It was very well run, friendly & relaxed but they pulled folk up when needed as we did see the black flag in use a few times!
Never been to Blyton before but expect we'll be back!
I've not been on here just as much of late so didn't realise there there were as many from here present, I should've got to meet more & put faces to names! We were in the scruffy red Astra with an excess of power over grip/handling/brakes/talent!

daniel mason

posted on 20/9/13 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
was it you hoping to buy a track car? if so i was talking to you loads today? good luck with it! the radical went well

[Edited on 20/9/13 by daniel mason]

hillbillyracer

posted on 20/9/13 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
No, that was Alan I think, the car is really William & mine (I was Kev, the tallest of us) & he's helped a bit here & there. He's caught the bug a bit now he's had a go!
Nickp

posted on 21/9/13 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote

Great day (and night before!!) guys (and girl)

Special thanks to Jon Ison for yet another passenger lap, awesome as ever mate!!

Monte handled fantastically and was much better on track than expected It was running a bit 'fluffy' and I thought it was just due to been stood. Then a few miles from home it dropped onto 2cyls and we just managed to chug up the drive and into the garage. It now has 0psi on the middle 2 pots so I suspect the HG has let go in a big way between the two. TBH tho' the timing couldn't have been better as a mate's fetching me a shiny new set of HC pistons and a gasket set from the US as we speak, every cloud has a silver lining

daniel mason

posted on 21/9/13 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
nick. you left your extinguisher by my car so we put it in wellys ambulance before we left!

owelly

posted on 21/9/13 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Eeeeek! I havn't found it. But there again, I havn't looked.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

fha772

posted on 21/9/13 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, I'm glad you all enjoyed the day.
I had a great time, even though I was car-less
Big thanks to all of you, you made it the great day that it was, and a massive Thank you to everyone who let me be ballast in their cars, and of course cheers Owelly for letting me take the Turd out for a few laps, that is becoming a serious piece of kit, for a comedy car!!

Also, can I thank everyone for letting me donate the left over money to charity, that's £290 going to The Showmen's Children's Charity.

Oh yes, while I think about it, who fancies another one around the end of march/beginning of April?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6743&start=105

daniel mason

posted on 21/9/13 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
yes frank. count me in! id travel to pretty much any circuit north of london.

unijacko67

posted on 21/9/13 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillbillyracer
We were there too, cracking day out (the evening before was fairly entertaining too!). It was very well run, friendly & relaxed but they pulled folk up when needed as we did see the black flag in use a few times!
Never been to Blyton before but expect we'll be back!
I've not been on here just as much of late so didn't realise there there were as many from here present, I should've got to meet more & put faces to names! We were in the scruffy red Astra with an excess of power over grip/handling/brakes/talent!

It was great to meet you chaps and your smoke machine/fire pit,. have you any details about what's going on at Kirkbride next weekend. Cheers.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

hillbillyracer

posted on 21/9/13 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
We'll take more care about checking we get dry bag of wood next time for the washing machine!

Here's what I have in an email about the RWYB at Kirkbride, the closest thing I have to a link is the email address that this info was sent on:

We now have all the costs in for the Grudgement day event at Kirkbride on 28/29th September 2013. They are as listed below:

Gate Entry is £10 with no charge for Kids under 16

Drag Race entry is £35 this is a reduction on the £40 we charged last year

Drift entry is £40

Timed circuit Sprint entry is £40 (drivers wanting to do both Sprint and Drift £45)

Drivers wanting to do all three Drag,, Drift and timed circuit £65

The event will run come rain or shine

Every one pays to get in, this is reflected in the reduced entry costs to race

If this event is a success in this format we will apply for three dates in 2014

I'll see what else I can find out.

[Edited on 21/9/13 by hillbillyracer]

daniel mason

posted on 21/9/13 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
whats the surface of the sprint circuit like?

hillbillyracer

posted on 22/9/13 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
The surface for the sprint could be less than perfect but I really dont know, it's good enough where the drag runs are but it's only been drag racing any other time I've been so I'm not sure where they'll actually set the course out. It's an old airfield just like Blyton but still functions as an airstrip so the surface in general is much better but there's nothing as good as the new tarmac that Blyton has. There's no permament motorsport set-up they just bring all the gear for each event.

There is very little info on line that I can find, just this really!
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/national-street-car-challenge-nscc/kirkbride-dates-2013-a-70188

I've sent an email to ask for more info & ask about the sprint.

Plenty videos on youtube, just search "kirbride rwyb" or suchlike. It attracts it's share of hot-hatch crowd but plenty variety too.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.