Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tintop for sale - Ford Puma 1.7
jps

posted on 17/4/15 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Tintop for sale - Ford Puma 1.7

Purchased back in October with an eye on using for some road rallying - but I have made no progress in that area so am toying with selling my Puma if anyone is interested (not desperate for a sale though - so no silly offers please!)

The car is an S-reg with 72,500 on the clock (i've put about 400 on it since I bought it).

It does not have the trademark Puma rusty arches (and in fact the bodywork looks very solid as far as I can tell - including very clean underneath) - which is the primary reason I bought it.

So the good bits are basically: It's tidy bodywork-wise, and low mileage (for the age), the clutch/gearbox feel good, it's the 1.7 rather than the 1.4 - so it shifts OK, I think it was top spec once upon a time: it has heated windscreen (which still works), etc, etc, etc... The car was also clearly regularly serviced for a lot of it's earlier life - and I have the Ford service book to show it up to about 60,000 miles.

The bad bits: although not rusty the bodywork carries "the usual age related marks". Front bumper could do with some attention, looks like it has had a minor bump - so it's a bit ratty, and there are 'carpark door dinks' here and there. I also have no evidence that the cambelt has been done, so in theory it could be a few years overdue. There are a few other minor, but common Puma, ailments: door open light switch is on the blink, alarm randomly goes off sometimes (those two issues are linked I think!), there's a water leak somewhere at the front, the rear hatch supports are tired. All things that don't matter too much for me (it was going to be a rally car remember!) but in the interests of honesty I am declaring them here!

Price-wise: I paid £1020 for it and I wouldn't mind getting most of that back!!! I paid that having looked for quite a long time for a 1.7 that wasn't rusty. It was the first one within 50/60 miles that I found in several months of looking. But I am aware that a scan of eBay will turn up (much) cheaper, rougher, Pumas..

So - nice fun car, honest reason for sale, drop me a PM if interested. I can produce pics on request and - for illustrative purposes only - will pop a photo of a car like mine in the archive here Ford puma
Ford puma
. I took much stick on the Puma Owners Facebook group for such an approach but the truth of the matter is - i'm so busy (when I get home from work) that I am only going to bother taking pics if someone is actually sufficiently interested!

[Edited on 17/4/15 by jps]

[Edited on 17/4/15 by jps]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

jps

posted on 1/6/15 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Now on eBay here: Red Ford Puma 1.7 16v VCT Zetec S 1998 (S reg)

I've sorted the water leak, and the door open light/alarm problems mentioned earlier seem to have been resolved with a squirt of WD - so am putting that down to a bit of dirt in a switch...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.