Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Selling my SSC Stylus
number-1

posted on 5/2/21 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Selling my SSC Stylus

The time has come to sell the SSC stylus and make some room in the garage for something else. My 2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Aprc is also up for sale soon

Anyway....the SSC stylus..... I bought it a couple of years ago. It started as a supercharged stylus but i found this way too loud. The power was amazing but the noise was too much for me....and my neighbours ( it woke them up after a night drive) so i removed it and went more traditional and put on ZX12r throttle bodies with a Danst velocity stack kit. Its a very well sorted car but i dont get time to drive it and i need room in the garage so its up for sale.

The cockpit, like most kit cars isnt huge. Im 6'1, very broad shoulders and around 18 stone and its snug (48inch chest and 36 waist). The main issue is roll bar height. With a crash helmet on my head is about an inch above it. I was going to get a taller roll bar made by Siltec (they own the rights and jigs etc for SSC stylus) but decided not to as it would mean getting a new hood. The one it has now is perfect and super water tight so i didnt want to ruin that. I drove in 3 hours or monsoon rain and not a drop of water inside the cockpit. Its the ideal touring car as it has a much bigger bespoke fuel tank.....40L i think.

The engine was from a Mondeo and has only done around 12k.... 10k then the clocks were changed for ETB ones. I have the old clocks to prove this.
The spec is below. I dont really want to sell it until i get time to MOT is as it has lapsed due to covid and work commitments. I will get some more photos sorted over the weekend as it now has black CRX style 15 inch wheels

Any questions, let me know. £7500 or very very near offer. I dont really want to go own the fleaybay route as id rather sell to someone who knows about kit cars. If the car sells to a forum member, i will donate £50 to the site running costs as a thank you.

Ive sold a fair few parts on here before and also my Roadrunner Racing SR1 so you can trust that im a genuine person and honest with what i say.

Rebuilt silvertop 2L Zetec engine with new main bearings, big end bearings and oil pump.
60a Denso alternator
Canems fuel injection mapable ECU ( Dave at Canems knows this car well as he setup and mapped it when a supercharger was fitted)
Custom made re packable exhaust made by Martin Keenan
Bespoke 4 into 1 exhaust manifold wrapped in titanium heat wrap
Helix 4 paddle HD clutch
Raceline flywheel and sump
Oddessy PC680 gel battery
Gearbox is V6 type 9 rebuilt with all new bearings, HD layshaft bearings and HD syncro rings
Retro ford hydraulic clutch
Davis craig electric water pump and digital control
Retro ford water rail
Coolex triple core radiator
Mocol remote oil filter, thermostatic take off and oil cooler
Procomp suspension all around
Wilwood midilite calipers on 285mm vented dics
Rally design rear disc brake conversion on 240mm discs
English axle with rare 3.54 genuine ford cwp with Quaife ATB diff
Custom made 8.7 gallon fuel tank
Facet silvertop low pressure fuel pump into swirl pot and sytec HD pump
Kawasaki ZX12r 46mm throttle bodies.
Flow tested and cleaned injectors
New ZX12r TPS
Pipercross air filter
Danst 100mm velocity stack kit and back plate
ETB cobra white face dash dials. Fitted at aroun 10k on the engine (old clocks will show this as will MOT history)
LED headlights
Full weather gear.....that actually fits and keeps you dry!
OBP billit alloy pedals
Willwood master cylinders
New plugs, HT leads and coil pack
New oil and coolant and oil filter
Lightweight bucket seats
Freshly powder coated alloy wheels with semi slick tyres fitted
Freshly powder coated cam cover and new rubber gasket
Fast road brake pads
Oil catch can
FIA kill switch
Removable steering wheel
Core plugs removed and replaced

I will now try to remember how to post images

[Edited on 7/2/21 by number-1]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

number-1

posted on 7/2/21 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I managed to get out there today so here are a few more photos..

skippad

posted on 8/2/21 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Very Nice!
Wish i had some space..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark.s

posted on 8/2/21 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm very surprised No-1 , this is one hell of a car for the money asked, good luck with the sale mate
number-1

posted on 26/6/21 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
SOLD

The car is now sold

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.