Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: looking for a wii
Aboardman

posted on 10/11/07 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
looking for a wii

anyone know who was one in stock, without using ebay.
stevebubs

posted on 11/11/07 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/ is how I got mine earlier this year...
UncleFista

posted on 11/11/07 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
The last place I heard that had stock was amazon.de , works out about a fiver more than buying from the UK, you just need to put a UK plug on. Warranty unaffected.

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/11/07 at 02:53 AM Reply With Quote
Are they out of stock again?! I can't believe how successful it's been. It looks fantastic, seriously tempted myself. Good luck finding one, let us know where you got it from and whether you'd recommend them.

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Richard Quinn

posted on 11/11/07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Bought mine from a guy in Germany via Ebay last month. Cost me about £15 over the UK rrp but came with a mains plug adaptor and a bag of Haribo sweets
He sent me all the relevant tracking numbers etc and it was here within 3 days!

donut

posted on 11/11/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
We had to buy an Argos order number from ebay which was for our local store. It cost £5 but was worth getting the Wii for my sons Birthday.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
UncleFista

posted on 11/11/07 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
We had to buy an Argos order number from ebay which was for our local store. It cost £5 but was worth getting the Wii for my sons Birthday.

Argos have stopped reservations for the Wii, to stop people selling 'em on ebay

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

coozer

posted on 11/11/07 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
My mate buys them then puts them on ebay. He's done about 10 the last couple of weeks.

They are all legit UK and he gets them form on the net from the likes of Game, Amazon, Play etc.

From what I can tell he goes on around 8am and orders them, the last one I saw he logged onto Amazon and they had stock at 8.03 that was all sold by 8.15.

Theres no need to pay over the odds on ebay just play your cards right at the shops!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

stevebubs

posted on 11/11/07 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
there were a few for sale at the bracknell computer fair this morning...bnib
cobnut

posted on 12/11/07 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aboardman
anyone know who was one in stock, without using ebay.

Got one from amazon.de last week.(still some in stock. just checked) arrived 4 days later no problem. Use google translate to read the site. Price worked out about the same as uk price. As said before needs plug change or get euro adaptor from maplin electronics for £3.

John

Aboardman

posted on 18/11/07 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
I have a wii now, but if anyone looking amazon.de now not shipping to the uk it seems that someone has had a word with them.

so i have just bought a wii (for my brother) from wiihome.nl again use google translate if required.
for wii, play (including controller) and carninval for 330 euros (£244)

iank

posted on 18/11/07 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Overclockers claim to have stock but it seems massively overpriced.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CO-000-NI

p.s. you do know the shortage it quite deliberate - happens every year. It works like this:
Popular product starts shooting off shelves.
Suddenly there aren't any in the shops, fights break out for the last one.
10's of thousands of unlucky parents have to buy something else (similar value) for darling children.
January - suddenly lots of stock appears. 10's of thousands of previously unlucky parents go a buy one for little darling.

Anyone remember Tracy Island? Cabbage patch dolls?

[Edited on 18/11/07 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

JUD

posted on 18/11/07 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Overclockers claim to have stock but it seems massively overpriced.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CO-000-NI

p.s. you do know the shortage it quite deliberate - happens every year. It works like this:
Popular product starts shooting off shelves.
Suddenly there aren't any in the shops, fights break out for the last one.
10's of thousands of unlucky parents have to buy something else (similar value) for darling children.
January - suddenly lots of stock appears. 10's of thousands of previously unlucky parents go a buy one for little darling.

Anyone remember Tracy Island? Cabbage patch dolls?

[Edited on 18/11/07 by iank]

OOOeer - Deja Vu - SWMBO & I were having the exact same conversation no more than 5 mins ago. Cabbage patch & Tracey Island were the examples we came up with - what other fad crimbo pressies have there been over the years?

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

greggors84

posted on 18/11/07 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I remember those tamagotchi computer pet things selling out about 5 years ago at christmas.

Its mad how something can be so freely available a few months ago, but as soon as christmas comes along people go mental.

I reckon they keep the supply dripping though so they are still selling but they are low enough for the news to feature it making people realise this must be what every kid wants.

Had a play with my brothers, great fun and clever, but i reckon its a bit of a gimmick and as its the controller makes it hard to play normal games the novely will wear off.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

cossiebri

posted on 18/11/07 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Last year had trouble getting the disney 'cars' tv/dvd (ended up getting a display one in the end).
This year i think it's transformers, went into local argos they had sold out of EVERYTHING to do with transformers (he reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllyyyyy wants ultimate bumblebee- bl**dy £80 for one toy!) managed to get most of the others that he wanted as well as a scalextric (he's only six) just got to get meself a gulf colours seven i've seen....

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

scoobyis2cool

posted on 18/11/07 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
My Dad had to try about 400 different shops to get me all the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. And I think he also had trouble getting me the Micro Machines Super Van City too.

This discussion is making me want to get all my old toys out again...

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.