Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: That amazing feeling when it actually works!
alexdj125
Junior Builder

Posts 93
Registered 23/6/07

Photo Archive Go!
Building: an increasingly large carbon footprint!

posted on 24/1/08 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
That amazing feeling when it actually works!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributed with my "confusing starting problem" last week. I took a gamble and spent £200 on a high torque starter, adjusted the static advance, and cleaned all the earth leads to the engine and starter thoroghly. flicked my ignition, hit the button and off it went. I then went for a rip around to warm it up, scared a few old ladies, made some children cry and pulled up in a petrol station. I got back in the car, put on every electrical thing i had, and the engine was still hot, hit the starter and off it went perfectly again! such a great feeling when that happens. So anyway, yeh thanks for all the advice! Alex.
scoobyis2cool

posted on 24/1/08 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Someone who can actually wire a car You're in a select group there mate. Took me about 3 months just to get my lights working! Well done, sounds like you had a blast in it too

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 25/1/08 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Q. did you try it without the HT starter? becaause with the money saved plus another £ 50, you could have made antoher car? :0

not that it matters, sometimes it is better to (over)spend than to continue messing to fix a problem

Now that it is sorted and the weather is looking better, get out there and scare those dogs!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.