Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: K reg 1600 pinto, and 2.0 DOHC 8v engine
focijohn

posted on 6/7/08 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
K reg 1600 pinto, and 2.0 DOHC 8v engine

Morning,
As per the title, 1600 pinto with auto choke for sale decided to do it properly and put the engine i want in first time around so needs to be shifted.
As taken out of the car minus the oil, HT leads need replacing, I put new ones on because it was a bit hesitant on pick up but that cured it, a fellow locoster friend needed the leads so sold with old ones.... which reminds me he also had the clip off the throttle linkage bar.
Covered just over 100,000 miles i think clocks in my shed ill have a look if anyone would like. Ran fine when it was in the car altho the cam sounded a bit noisy (oil light went out almost immediately after start up) and have been told its a "common" fault with pinto and the oil spray bars, but didn't miss or run lumpy at all, by noisy just a bit dry/ grumbly but i havn't had chance to look any further!
Comes with all ancillaries alternator, starter (unless this can be used on a zetec type 9 arrangement?), coil and clutch also included. I have the complete loom out of the car so have all of the connectors for the AED and coil etc but would like to hold onto most the loom but will let the connectors go!

The DOHC i bought because it was £5 with an MT75 engine condition unknown, turns over freely was told at the point of purchase that the car was driven back and then the engine was removed, has a generous few bolts missing! Have 2 ecu's, starter, inlet plenum with EFI printed on it, fuel rail and injectors, some connectors for the TPS and sensors around that area i think, down pipes and manifold i think, starter ( I will keep if any use to the zetec t9 as above) alternator, clutch on there. Im sure theres a bit more but cant think right now.

Collection only please as i can see that postman pat would appreciate that, as for money make me an offer £40 for the pinto, DOHC and bits a drink? i really don't have a clue its no use to me so they will just be scrapped. Collection from the Worcestershire area

I don't have the joy of an engine crane so i can get some friends and a wheel barrow to get it up the garden.

The pinto was taken straight out of the car and dry stored in my shed, same with the 2.0 i was told that it was stored in a garage too.

ATB

John

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.