Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 'box, for a couple of hours :)
UncleFista

posted on 3/9/05 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Type 9 'box, for a couple of hours :)

We're taking the engine/box (kent/4-speed) out tomorrow, it's pissed all the oil out a couple of thousand miles ago, and it's got a distinct "moan" now

We have a spare, but that whines too (we think, we don't actually know which box is which), so while it's out I'd like to measure up for a type9 (need an extra gear!).

Does anyone in the vague vicinity of Bradford/Leeds have one I could borrow for a couple of hours on Sunday, just to place in the chassis while I say (that'll go nowhere feckin' near)

Thanks all, Tony

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

marc n

posted on 3/9/05 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
you can borrow one of ours, only thing is wont be there until monday but will be working late moday evening if thats any good ????, we are in darley near harrogate

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
UncleFista

posted on 3/9/05 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer Marc, but (hopefully) it'll be back on the road Sunday evening

Might take you up on the offer later if the replacement 'box (as I suspect) is on it's way out.

Me an' me brother visited your place for a couple of bits sometime before our SVA test so it's at least 14-15 months ago. Beautiful setting, only eclipsed by your garage and spray booth (I think you were spraying your dads Pug) I'd love love to make the drive again in the Locost

Only thing is, then I'd have to look at your cars again and the missus would walk out if I came home saying I'd ordered one

Cheers Marc.

Edited to say, the garage envy might seem a bit weird, but my garage is a tarp ;(

[Edited on 3/9/05 by UncleFista]

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.