Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA in efficiency shocker!
gingerprince

posted on 2/4/09 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA in efficiency shocker!

Now I know we're all for DVLA-bashing here in terms of efficiency, arse and elbow, but credit where it's due...

My tax is due on my MK and my Subaru at the end of April. Today a renewal envelope came through. It included renewals for BOTH cars!

Yes, that's right, they saved an envelope, someones licky-spit AND a stamp by combining 2 cars in one envelope!

Marvellous.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 2/4/09 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote

Paul TigerB6

posted on 2/4/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Lies - all lies!!!

Then again it may well be true - they saved postage and an envelope on my tin top renewal which was due yesterday by not sending a reminder at all!! Now thats a worthwhile saving to the environment!! Then again i did have to use 30p worth of petrol to get to Asda where the main Post Office is rather than being able to tax my car online, so thats blown the saving of a millionth of a tree out of the water!!

Guinness

posted on 2/4/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Wow! Amazing!

I truly dread the post in late October.

I get four seperate letters, all reminding me that I need to tax my fleet! I usually end up paying somewhere north of £500 in road tax alone that month!

I think I have paid for my seperate letters and stamps!

Mike

x_flow57

posted on 2/4/09 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Amazingly they did the same to me, one envelope containing reminders for car and motorbike.

BUT they let themselves down today, taxed both online Tues eve (not going to give them my money eny earlier tham I have too)and today received
TWO envelopes, each containing a small piece of paper with a perforated round disc in.

loggyboy

posted on 2/4/09 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Lies - all lies!!!

Then again it may well be true - they saved postage and an envelope on my tin top renewal which was due yesterday by not sending a reminder at all!! Now thats a worthwhile saving to the environment!! Then again i did have to use 30p worth of petrol to get to Asda where the main Post Office is rather than being able to tax my car online, so thats blown the saving of
a millionth of a tree out of the water!!

IIRC You can still tax online without reminder, just with reg and v5 reference.

Mistral Motorsport

Paul TigerB6

posted on 3/4/09 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by Paul
IIRC You can still tax online without reminder, just with reg and v5 reference.

I tried unsucessfully to do that- using the 11-digit reference. I changed my registered address 6 months ago and its clearly too complex for their computers - although they sent my new V5 here within a week. Still wating for the phone call promised to me by the DVLA on Wednesday morning to tell me why its gone wrong 6 months on. I wont hold my breath anyway!!

mcerd1

posted on 3/4/09 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
I was just as shocked when I got my two reminders for the cars on SORN's in the same envelope

-

david4

posted on 3/4/09 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
It must be a late april,s fool
mcerd1

posted on 3/4/09 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
mine came in march, but I thought it was a fluke untill this thread....

-

stevec

posted on 3/4/09 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Taxed 3 vehicles online on tuesday all registered to me at my address. Today I get 3 envelopes with all the guff in them along with the disks,

Steve

Daddylonglegs

posted on 3/4/09 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
What will they think of next?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

DarrenW

posted on 3/4/09 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
If they were truly efficient they wouldnt issue reminders, they would instead send a text that imports itself directly into your calendar and issues a reminder each week in the preceeding month.

Ref taxing online they would then allow a 50p discount of you print off your own tax disc. Oh but what about forgery you all cry - in theory the disc should just be an in-dash reminder of the next renewal these days. As most powers now rely on the database they should simply ensure vehicles are taxed, tested and insured from the number plate of vehicle VIN.

And Yes, i do realise not everyone in the country has a smart phone / computer etc. But for those that do why not give us a little discount off the tax cost for opting out of mailed paper reminders?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.