Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD: Small bracket fabricated
cd.thomson

posted on 16/4/09 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
WTD: Small bracket fabricated

Hi Guys N Gals,

I've posted on here a couple of times for little bits of fabrication work (I can't weld or machine myself and dont know anybody who can..) without much success.

I thought id try once more, because one can always hope . I need a small but sturdy bracket making up for my VR sensor to be mounted to my XE engine. I can probably bend a thin piece of steel myself to the right shape-ish but it would bounce and flex with engine vibration which would ruin everything!

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Craig

blakep82

posted on 16/4/09 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
i remember this question! i think i suggested you try contacting andyw7de (?) on here, as he can waterjet cut things, and he cut one from 5mm steel for me.

i've still got my drawing if he hasn't. its designed to bolt into the 2 threaded holes on the right hand side (when looking from the front) of the engine.

i'll get some photos up later

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

cd.thomson

posted on 16/4/09 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Ah brilliant, yes you did recommend him to me, but thought that was for the trigger wheel. got the wrong end of the stick!!

Ill send him a U2U.

Many thanks blakep, thought that was going cause me a bit of headache

Craig

blakep82

posted on 16/4/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

theres my drawing for the bracket, after my breakfast i'll get a photo of how it fits. our blocks should both be identical

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blakep82

posted on 16/4/09 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
in fact, before you ask him to cut one, print out the pictture above, cut out the shape, and hold it around your engine, just to make sure its the same

cd.thomson

posted on 16/4/09 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
it appears to be the same and your ecotec does use the same block. My concern is how have you mounted your trigger wheel? if mine is in a different place then i might need to make alterations?

Id be interested to know how youve mounted it anyway

Craig

blakep82

posted on 16/4/09 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
ah, yes, i haven't put a trigger wheel on yet, but it will be welded on the front of the pulley.

you WILL need some sort of spacer between the block and the bracket, about 5mm from memory, i plan to use washers to give an adjustment to get the perfect gap between the sensor and trigger wheel. the spacer also depends on how deep the teeth on the wheel are

I'll get some photos in a minute

blakep82

posted on 16/4/09 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
its a bit dark, but you should be able to see how it works out.
theres not much light in my little hovel

the bracket should sit back a little further, but the holes need cleaning out a little to get the full adjustment on it. they are very tight on the bolts

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 16/4/09 by blakep82]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.