Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wheels (again)
MikeFellows

posted on 26/5/10 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Wheels (again)

I know I have asked what feel like a million questions on wheels, but I just dont get it.

I love the compomotive CXR's and they are nice and light weight

can anyone confirm they will fit over 4pot powerlites and sierra rear calipers (xr4x4 ones I believe)?

if nobody can, how do I go about finding out (where do I need to measure and what measurements do I need from the manufacturer)

and finally...

if they do fit, what size do I want.

I was thinking 13x6 or 13x7 for the front but i dont know which will be better and what the effects of the 1" difference will make.

I would expect the 7" may give more front end grip when compared to the 6" due to being front engined, but what effects is that going to have on turn in?

at the rear I was thinking 13x8 but I really dont know?

I believe I want ET34 for an indy but i dont know why I understand what wheel offset is but I dont know why I need ET34 for an indy)

please help and I wont ask anymore wheel questions I promise.

[Edited on 26/5/10 by MikeFellows]

MK9R

posted on 26/5/10 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
i have 13x6 crx's on the fury with sierra rear calipers they fit no probs. I have 4 pot Hispecs on the front with no problems, and i know a few of the other RGBers run the Willwoods with the CRX's

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skippad

posted on 26/5/10 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
I know I have asked what feel like a million questions on wheels, but I just dont get it.

I love the compomotive CXR's and they are nice and light weight

can anyone confirm they will fit over 4pot powerlites and sierra rear calipers (xr4x4 ones I believe)?

if nobody can, how do I go about finding out (where do I need to measure and what measurements do I need from the manufacturer)

and finally...

if they do fit, what size do I want.

I was thinking 13x6 or 13x7 for the front but i dont know which will be better and what the effects of the 1" difference will make.

I would expect the 7" may give more front end grip when compared to the 6" due to being front engined, but what effects is that going to have on turn in?

I believe I want ET34 for an indy but i dont know why I understand what wheel offset is but I dont know why I need ET34 for an indy)

please help and I wont ask anymore wheel questions I promise.

Hi Mike
Yes they do fit over the calipers you mention.
For the MK (which is sierra based) ET38 is the norm.
I had the cxr's and 048's on a Phoenix i was building and yes they are the lightest.
7" are about right to fit under MK arches.
Have you found a supplier for the cxr's ?
Dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PAUL FISHER

posted on 26/5/10 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote

A 8" wide rim at a 34 et will not fit within the standard MK Indy r rear arch,although MK do sell extra wide arches to fit wider rims.

v8kid

posted on 26/5/10 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
CRX das an internal diameter of 305mm at the hub flange and 313mm at the inner edge. The taper is to allow the wheel to release from the mould when they make em.

Above includes a 3mm clearance for bits of stone/distortion/whatever. Inner edge measurement is for a 8" wheel will be more for a narrower one.

Cheers

barrie sharp

posted on 26/5/10 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
I have had a problem with dimensions of wheels and have been emailing a guy call Chris Cooke at Compomotive and he has been very helpful so if you need a difinitive answer on the dimensions try him I am sure he wont mind.
chris@compomotive.co.uk or 01902311499

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

v8kid

posted on 26/5/10 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yup thats the chap who emailed me cad sections of the wheels - v. helpfull guy - pity I never bought them but I got secondhand split rims for a quarter the price!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.