Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wtd: Cheap edge setter/joggler/joddler
marcjagman

posted on 15/3/11 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Wtd: Cheap edge setter/joggler/joddler

As per title really, I'm after a cheap edge setter for some sills that the tin top needs. They have gone along the bottom edge so want to cut down new full sills about 2 inch from top to save painting around door openings. With or without hole punch so long as they work and under £25 posted.
austin man

posted on 15/3/11 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
If you clamp the metal between 2 pieces of steel vice jaws angle iron etc and gently strike a chisel against the steel you get a similar effect

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

DaveFJ

posted on 15/3/11 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I made my own using a couple of lengths of 25mm square tube and some tript metal...

this piccy makes it clear what i did

Description
Description

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

cliftyhanger

posted on 15/3/11 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
I think the very original ones were a mole grip with some bits of plate welded on to make the step. Should be easy enough? not seen any cheap gopod versions for sale though Guess you have tried the bay.
r1_pete

posted on 15/3/11 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a Clarke air joggler from Machine mart, about twice your budget, but if a trip to Sheffield J31 M1 would be less in fuel you're welcome to bring them down here and set them.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marcjagman

posted on 15/3/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
I bought a Clarke air joggler from Machine mart, about twice your budget, but if a trip to Sheffield J31 M1 would be less in fuel you're welcome to bring them down here and set them.

Would love to but car needs an MOT hence putting new sills on. Don't think clamping would work as it's the old sill on the car I want to put the step on to. Novel ideas though.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.