Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BTCC at Snetterton - how busy?
David Jenkins

posted on 30/7/11 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
BTCC at Snetterton - how busy?

After all my grizzling about F1 I decided that it was about time I went to see some proper racing! (ducks behind parapet...)

Any road up, next Sunday there's BTCC at Snetterton, plus quite a few supporting championship races. I've always fancied going as it's only 1 hour from home, but I'd really like to know what sort of crowd I'll find when I get there - I do know that it WILL be busy though!

So - how hard is it to get to the circuit? For example, do all the local roads get snarled up?
Is there a lot of queuing to get into the track?
What time would I need to get there? (First race is 9:30 for the supporting events).
Anything else I need to know, like do I take my own food, or are the catering suppliers OK?

cheers.

flibble

posted on 30/7/11 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Only ever been there on trackdays but the circuit is very easy to get to, and basically right on the main road (A11) so no small roads to get clogged up. There was a canteen there, not a huge one but plenty enough for what we wanted with decent hot/cold food and seats quite a few people. I can imagine it getting a bit clogged up in a 'between races rush' though.

[Edited on 30-7-11 by flibble]

deltron63

posted on 30/7/11 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
If your coming down the A11 towards fiveways roundabout to Thetford, good luck!!
With the holiday traffic it will be at a total stand still. Us locals dont even bother to go around it.

David Jenkins

posted on 30/7/11 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be coming up whatever road it is from Bury St Ed's...
...or via Diss.

[Edited on 30/7/11 by David Jenkins]

deltron63

posted on 30/7/11 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Diss would be your best bet
will121

posted on 30/7/11 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I would come the back roads from Diss have you got a satnav to follow? If weather is good I expect it will be busy so would say an early start would be good, there is quite a few new viewing areas now but best ones will soon get full. Expect there will be lots food stands but they all charge the same rates which is expensive, I would take drink and food then its up to you if you fancy buying more, you can always pop out to the Sunday market next door if fancy cheaper food, ticket for the Sunday on the gate is £30 I think
Jed

posted on 30/7/11 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
If you do go then get there early if you want to avoid the traffic and go across country to Stanton, Garboldisham, East Harling and then in from that side. Don't go on the A11 otherwise you could be there a long time.

I have a season ticket so might pop down but since they've made the circuit longer I don't think that it is very spectator friendly. Yes they have made 2 viewing banks that allow you to see bits of the infield but you are quite a distance from most of the track and also very exposed to the wind. The other thing is that the longer circuit means that it if you are in any of the older viewing points you see the cars go past then wait for 2 to 2.5 minutes for them to come past next time. It looks a great circuit from a drivers perspective though.

Jed

pointy

posted on 30/7/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Dearly beloved and I went to the BSB (mad lunatics with 2 wheels missing) ..we arrived at 0730 and by mid-day there were 43,000. I suspect the BTCC will be the same.

Won't stop me going tho.

Andy p

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.