Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Speedo drive on a Type 9
Arnie

posted on 11/10/04 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Speedo drive on a Type 9

Really looking for reassurance.

I plan to replace the mechanical speedo with an electronic one. As a result I need to remove the mechanical drive from the gearbox (Type 9). Am I correct in assuming you remove the blanking plate on the opposit side from the drive then push it through, then replace both sides with a blanking plates. I assume when you push the drive through nothing should fall out.Or is there somthing else. Thanks.

Regards,

Arnie.

paulf

posted on 11/10/04 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Why remove it at all if you are planning on blanking off both sides , I assume you are using a propshaft sensor?. If so just disconnect the cable and leave the drive in as it wont leak.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by Arnie
Really looking for reassurance.

I plan to replace the mechanical speedo with an electronic one. As a result I need to remove the mechanical drive from the gearbox (Type 9). Am I correct in assuming you remove the blanking plate on the opposit side from the drive then push it through, then replace both sides with a blanking plates. I assume when you push the drive through nothing should fall out.Or is there somthing else. Thanks.

Regards,

Arnie.

Arnie

posted on 12/10/04 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Paul. I just assumed that I would need to cover up the hole. Your suggestion is much easier.

Thanks,

Arnie.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.