Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bolt on roll cage clamp
Daf

posted on 22/12/13 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Bolt on roll cage clamp

Hi all,

I'm looking for a clamp of some description to bolt my cage to my roll hoop. The roll hoop is nicely painted so I don't really want to go welding to that but my cage is still under construction, I need something similar to a glorified U bolt or similar - any suggestions welcomed

madteg

posted on 22/12/13 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Put( split pipe clamp in google ) There you go.
Daf

posted on 22/12/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'd quite like something like this:

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/Hemo59/Roll%20Bar/001Clamp.jpg

but it seems to be a company over the pond that supplies them - anybody ever seen a uk supplier of parts like this?

ReMan

posted on 22/12/13 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Depends how heavy duty you need and what you want it for, bit also try LIGHTING CLAMP 52mm

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Scuzzle

posted on 23/12/13 at 02:15 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure if this is what you mean but I used bolt on 3 piece bike frame clamps on my roll cage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Piece-1-1-2-in-Frame-Clamp-/400409997288?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item5d3a4bafe8

The come in various sizes usually from an inch going up in qtrs to 2.5 inch so fits most roll cage diameters and come in black or chrome. They are not bad to look at either when fitted and won't detract from your cage. I put 2 on my cage as the eyelet hole lines up perfectly with the seat belt hole in the car so I'm using them to add some rigidity further up the cage and to secure my seat belt eyelets.

Daf

posted on 23/12/13 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scuzzle
Not sure if this is what you mean but I used bolt on 3 piece bike frame clamps on my roll cage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Piece-1-1-2-in-Frame-Clamp-/400409997288?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item5d3a4bafe8

The come in various sizes usually from an inch going up in qtrs to 2.5 inch so fits most roll cage diameters and come in black or chrome. They are not bad to look at either when fitted and won't detract from your cage. I put 2 on my cage as the eyelet hole lines up perfectly with the seat belt hole in the car so I'm using them to add some rigidity further up the cage and to secure my seat belt eyelets.

Brilliant - I like those - thanks for you help

Nick DV

posted on 23/12/13 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Whatever you use, makes sure it's up to the job! Personally, I'd weld it and make good the area of the weld!

"The force will be with you, always!"

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.