Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mx5 donor wtd
sdh2903

posted on 30/5/15 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Mx5 donor wtd

HI all.

I'm after an mx5 donor car please. Anything considered mk1/mk2/mk2.5. 1.8 preferred. Torsen diff would be a Brucey bonus.

I'm in Glasgow so based in Scotland but am not averse to travelling further afield (if it's driveable)

Anyone got anything up for grabs?

Cheers
steve.

sdh2903

posted on 1/6/15 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
No longer required as I've just picked up this beauty. I never thought of curing the mk1 rust issues by simply riveting plastic arches over the rotting steel

mx5
mx5

Slimy38

posted on 1/6/15 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
I remember seeing that on one of the MX5 forums, the person who went to look at it gave it a similarly harsh review!

Looks like a few parts might sell well (wheels, roll over hoop), so fingers crossed you'll make a bit of money, or at the very least break even.

sdh2903

posted on 1/6/15 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah its a little rough to say the least! Although it did get the 180 miles home ok

I think every bush, joint and shock absorber Is gone as it didn't like bumps or staying in a straight line. As you say it does have a couple of decent bits, the roll bar, stainless exhaust, the wheels are a bit rough and will probably keep as build wheels for now. The hood looks decent once I've cleaned the mould spots off it. Importantly though the engine and gearbox are sweet and if original have only done 75k.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.