Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 13in x 3in rims
designer

posted on 9/1/24 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
13in x 3in rims

Anybody know where I can get 13in x 3in alloy rims.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 9/1/24 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
3" width has got to be motorcycle type size?

13" diameter seems too small for a motorcycle though (moped perhaps).

Do they need to be single side attaching like car wheels (not double side like many motorcycles)?

designer

posted on 9/1/24 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, for maxi scooter tyres.
Chasing a single sided mounting, like a car, as I don't want to support the Scooter wheels spindle of 11mm on both sides with a loop. Ugly!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 9/1/24 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
I understand the desire for single sided mounting. When I built a sopbax cart I used 26" MTB front wheels for the rear wheels and 24" wheelchair wheels for the front.

Rear weehls supported both sides, front wheel just one side.

designer

posted on 9/1/24 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
The spindle on the scooter wheels is 11mm diameter. I could replace the normal bearings with taper roller bearings and use a single castle nut to locate. But 11mm is a bit too small for an end mounted spindle. Unless I can find a bit id metal strong enough to stand forces generated when doing 50-60 MPH.
Schrodinger

posted on 9/1/24 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
In my dim and distant past I rode a Lambretta scooter and IIRC both front and rear wheels were mounted on a single side. No idea what the wheel size was though.

Keith
Aviemore

padrc66

posted on 11/1/24 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Have you looked at the Piaggio MP3 front wheels - 2 front wheels with single sided mounting and some of them are 13"?

eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196136612270?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CYy4rnTJQ-K&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=v7qJTm rGQx6&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.