Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carbon Fibre Bucket Seats
oliwb

posted on 18/3/05 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Carbon Fibre Bucket Seats

Does anybody here make one-off bucket seats out of carbon fibre or GRP?? If so how much for a pair to fit a Tiger Cat....I can provide dimensions etc....Cheers Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisGamlin

posted on 18/3/05 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Oli, most of the Locost suppliers (Stuart Taylor, MK, GTS etc) have off-the-shelf GRP (and sometimes carbon) bucket seats for sale, I expect Tiger do them too!

Did you want something special designed, or just ones that will fit your car? If the former then unless its just cosmetic changes, I doubt you'll have any luck as to make a custom one-off seat would cost quite a bit in both money and time Id think (making the mould etc)

oliwb

posted on 18/3/05 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
to be honest I just need something that'll fit my car and will be alright getting wet! Have decided not to fit roof etc so no carpets and the padded seats are gonna have to go! Cheers for the reply. Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 18/3/05 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hugh Paterson can do the mod.

Triton

posted on 18/3/05 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
How about these?
mail@tritonsportscars.co.uk for more info Rescued attachment low back race seat.jpg
Rescued attachment low back race seat.jpg

skippad

posted on 18/3/05 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote

I've got a pair of MK glass fibre seats in black ( similar to previous photo) one fitted with adjustable runners.
If interested i'll take some photos
Skippa D

ChrisGamlin

posted on 18/3/05 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Seeing as everyone is chipping in with the sales pitches, can I have a go

I'll have a pair of Westfield race seats for sale in a week or so, here's one of em..

Westfield Seat 2
Westfield Seat 2

[img][/img]

They are lightly padded but Ive had them in an aeroscreen BEC for 3 years and they are fine unless it absolutely buckets down on them for ages, just runs off usually

[Edited on 18/3/05 by ChrisGamlin]

Triton

posted on 18/3/05 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Or then there is this one Rescued attachment High back rally seat.png
Rescued attachment High back rally seat.png

givemethebighammer

posted on 19/3/05 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Oli

I bought a set of R500 type seats from MK. They took some fairly heavy mods to get them into my tiger cat (bloody GRP finisher things in the way). Drop me your email address I may have some photos somewhere.

[Edited on 19/3/05 by givemethebighammer]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.