Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: laptop memory 72 pin edo 60ns.
paulf

posted on 6/6/05 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
laptop memory 72 pin edo 60ns.

I am trying to find some memory for my ancient laptop that i bought for megajolt mapping.It is a pentium 100 and presently has 16meg total.
It was running windows 95 ok when i got it but i had to upgrade to win 98 to run the megajolt software. Unfortunately it now takes ten minutes to boot up and another ten to open the program ,by which time the battery is flat .
I am fairly sure it is a memory problem and decided to try and fit a 32 meg sim in place of one of the 8meg but cant find any to fit.
I have looked on Ebay and can only find pc100 type memory with 144 pins.What I require is 72 pin and according to the boot screen edo and 60ns.
Paul.

ned

posted on 6/6/05 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I have some old 72 pin stuff somewhere, but its from various desktops, so don't know if its any good for a laptop...

Ned.

[Edited on 6/6/05 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Scotty

posted on 6/6/05 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
laptop memory tends to be phsycally half the size of normal memory, let me know (u2u) the exact type, might have some floating

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

Scotty

posted on 6/6/05 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
or let me know what the laptop is, and i should be able to find to from that

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

paulf

posted on 6/6/05 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Its a dual technology pmd3-586 , ive found very little info about it so far.
The sim measures 50mm x 25mm has 72 pins ie 36 each side with noi location slot.
Markings are centon cpc8-oo16.3
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty
or let me know what the laptop is, and i should be able to find to from that

Scotty

posted on 6/6/05 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
ok - will check

viatron

posted on 6/6/05 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
If you can get it on the internet try
http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/
This should tell you the exact type and also if crucial do memory upgrades for your machine.

Mac

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.