Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sierra power steering rack
indykid

posted on 30/6/05 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
sierra power steering rack

evening gents,

as the title says really, we need a power steering rack from a sierra, quite urgently. it's to go on a '89 2WD 2.0 injection hatch if that makes a difference, although i doubt it does.

anyway, the rack in it at the minute has developed a strange sort of binding up as the wheel is turned, almost like it keeps losing it's assistance, but it does it with the pump not running too. it's had grease, and various bits and bobs to try and free it, but it's still crappy.

it's drivable, but it won't self centre, and is a pig to pull round sharpish, so wants replacing asap

so comes the begging; would any of you kind, helpful chaps in the local area of dewsbury (10-15 mile radius thereabouts)happen to have broken or currently be breaking a pas sierra that you would'nt mind parting with the rack and downlink of? gratis would be nice, but if needs be, beer money is on offer
repairing the one we have is an option i suppose, but it seems to make more sense just to chop it for a decent one.

pleeeeeeeeeeeease
cheers
tom

come on, someone must have one. what about you joelP, you seem to have a fair amount of sierra bits. what happened to all the bits that werent diffs?
having found the price of a recon one, real money is on offer, not just beer money. the radius of collection can be assumed to increase too.

none of the local scrappies have had one for years it would appear. where have all the sierras gone?

[Edited on 1/7/05 by indykid]

MkIndy7

posted on 2/7/05 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Any idea if there the same on the Granada?,

am sure I saw a few granada PAS Racks today in Simpsons scrapyard near Middleton.

Liam

posted on 2/7/05 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I've got one you could have.

I'm inbedford, though. Where's dewsbury anyway?

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 2/7/05 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
dewsbury is just south of leeds. Unfortunately, ive scrapped two in the last few months as they arent really any use to most of us! If i break a car soon i will keep you in mind - but its unlikely that i will due to the damned mess and oil stains! my drive is ruined... i do fancy breaking a 2 ltr pinto though

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

indykid

posted on 3/7/05 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
i do fancy breaking a 2 ltr pinto though

it's not that far gone yet, and if it does get scrapped, you'll have to fight me off it first!

i might be on to something with a guy near hipperholme, who has a forecourt full of sierras, which he uses, unsurprisingly, to build kit cars from.
will bob up and see him tomorrow, and see what he has, and report back.

i think you may be a bit far away liam, but thanks anyway

ian, will have a look at granada ones if this guy at hipperholme hasn't got one.

cheers gents
tom

JoelP

posted on 3/7/05 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by indykid
i might be on to something with a guy near hipperholme, who has a forecourt full of sierras

is that near halifax? i think ive driven past there! just past bradford i think it was actually...

[Edited on 3/7/05 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

indykid

posted on 3/7/05 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
yup, sounds like the one.

looked like a great place, brimming with stuff

can't wait to go see him tomorrow
tom

indykid

posted on 4/7/05 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
well, he had just about every derivative of sierra, except a 2.0 pinto ghia.
he sent us to a scrap yard come farmers yard just up the road, but a similar story there.

the best we've found so far, is a pinto granada, w/pas at cooper bridge breakers, but the lads there reckon it'll be different, even though it looks identical.

still, will keep digging,
cheers
tom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.