Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Not getting email notifications
scoobyis2cool

posted on 20/10/05 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Not getting email notifications

As above, I don't seem to be getting the usual emails when a thread gets updated. To start with I thought I'd forgotten to subscribe but I've been more careful since and still not working Any ideas?

Cheers,

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scoobyis2cool

posted on 20/10/05 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, looking at my subscriptions list the ones I recently added aren't in the list, could it be that I've filled the list up and it won't add any more?

Pete

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 20/10/05 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
i've already mentioned this under the thread subscriptions.

I've deleted loads of old threads and still no joy. Seems favourites doesn't work as well.

Can someone give Chris a prod ?

chrisf

posted on 20/10/05 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I bet your firewall is blocking them--assuming you're behind a firewall...
Fozzie

posted on 20/10/05 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Nope not firewall! None of the threads I have subscribed to in the last week have appeared in my subscription list

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

scoobyis2cool

posted on 20/10/05 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I haven't changed any of my firewall settings and they've just stopped. Plus, my emails get sent to my hotmail account, and my firewall has no access to that...

Pete

JonBowden

posted on 21/10/05 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
No, not your firewall, neither subscriptions nor favorites are working

Jon

Rorty

posted on 24/10/05 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
I got no emails for days, then I got four emails relating to just one thread, but none relating to the many other threads I subscribed to that saw recent action.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

scoobyis2cool

posted on 24/10/05 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't had anything for days, it's making it very difficult to remember what threads I've subscribed to!

Pete

sgraber

posted on 26/10/05 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'm having the same problem.... Maybe it was a small site upgrade that has broken the feature? Is anyone still receiving notifications?

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

JonBowden

posted on 27/10/05 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Problem's still here for me to.
I find it quite a pest - I use favorites to note all threads of interest - then I can pay attention whilst they are active.
I also use favorites to note any thread that I have contributed to, so that I can see if anyone has replied

Jon

donut

posted on 31/10/05 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
same prob here too.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

RazMan

posted on 5/11/05 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Same problem here - it seems to have happened in the last week. Is there a maximum number of subscribed threads or something?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

donut

posted on 5/11/05 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Chris obviously has not been on here as the date is stil wrong too apparently. Maybe someone aught to drop him a line or give him a call.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

Hellfire

posted on 7/11/05 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
No emails for couple of weeks - no problem as I just about trawl through interesting stuff anyway!

S

Rorty

posted on 8/11/05 at 04:17 AM Reply With Quote
This has gone on long enough. I don't enjoy Locost Builders as much any more, but I'm afraid of missing something!
It was much easier when I received email notifications.
I bet the advertisers and sponsors aren't too well pleased with the state of the site.
Anyone with some web space fancy starting a new forum and setting it up properly with all the esential bells and whistles?

Cheers, Rorty.

Chris_R

posted on 10/11/05 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Same prob here too. Last notification was on the 29th Oct.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

colibriman

posted on 10/11/05 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
me too...I must miss loads of updated threads

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
andyd

posted on 11/11/05 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
This is why I posted a thread named "Chris, where art thou?".

Summary: Chris is very busy with his fledgling ISP business and hasn't had time to check into the issues outstanding on this site. Ned passed a message saying Chris would try to catch up soon.

[Edited on 11/11/2005 by andyd]

Andy

the_fbi

posted on 16/11/05 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
This has been annoying me for a while too.

I notice this host is running MySQL 4.0.20 which whilst not new, certainly isn't as proven/stable as 3.x was/is. Perhaps this was upgraded too recently and is what kicked off the subscriptions/favourites bug.

I'm guessing there's not much Chris can do about it if MySQL is the issue, unless he can change host or [up][down] grade the MySQL install. The other option is to find the dodgy query(s) and change it/them.

Bit of a bummer though

Rorty

posted on 17/11/05 at 06:13 AM Reply With Quote
I'm tipping the problem is Chris. He hasn't been around for ages.

Cheers, Rorty.

the_fbi

posted on 17/11/05 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Strange thing is, I just got my first one in weeks, wonder if its semi working again....
andyharding

posted on 17/11/05 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not getting emails either and it's a PITA!

Also, couldn't access the site for a few days due to a routing issue

If there is enough demand I have the resources to setup an alternative forum.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

ChrisW

posted on 18/11/05 at 03:03 AM Reply With Quote
Right, this should be fixed now guys. Sorry for the delay. Just going to investigate email now!

Chris

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.